Sign in to follow this  
Dave

The Twins Say the Darnest Things

Sarah and Haleigh my 6 year old twin girls decided they wanted to take their own shower tonight. (Usually Sheila helps them but she went to see George Strait, so I was left with shower duty.) They said they were big girls and would be good. They gave me the puppy dog eyes and I said ok. I started the water for them so they wouldnt burn themselves and gave them the soap and said ok, its all yours. I went out to the hallway to wait knowing I better have alot of towels ready. I listen to them and it was like a small military operation. They were saying things like "Ok now we have to scrub our feet but sit on our bumpers do we dont slip in the tub." 10 mins goes by I hear the water go off. I wait another 10 mins, they come out, the bathroom is dry, they put their towels away and had brushed each others hair. I was stunned. I looked at them and said "You guys did great!" Haleigh gets all serious and says "Dad, we arent a couple of douche bags like our brothers." I was laughing so hard I almost fell down the stairs. Kids are great.

That is precious; your kids are wonderful. Good children are a reflection of good parents... :yes:

:rofl:

Kids do come up with the darndest things...

wrench

kevin stein

AwSim Dave thanks. Dandy!!

Wrench::

Kids do come up with the darndest things...

darnest!! :good:

i really laughed out loud :grin::lol:

and they are cute...

Yep cute set of twins you got there Dave :good:

That's awesome Dave. I don't think at that age I left the bathroom that clean, even if it was just washing my hands in the sink.

I'm a very lucky man, all my kids are great. Its fun watching my 13 and 11 year old sons try to deal with the tag team twins. They like to go to work on them one at a time and harass them. It's funny. They are just curious on what their older brothers are doing. One thing that has impressed me about my twins are their math skills, they are totally tearing 1st grade math up and ask for harder problems. My sons hate math but are big into history like their old man. Both are interested in flight sims too. My oldest son is also into cars. My youngest son is extremely smart, he is in the 5th grade, and is bored to death it it. He wants more challenges he said. All are good kids. You know whats funny, I got a PM sometime ago by a former member here who said he weeps for my kids for having me as a father. I will let you guess who it was. I was floored that this yutz said that. My wife was like wow, this guy needs help. Just made me laugh. Here are my kids on the first day of school this year.

My favorite picture of them.

OOORRRAAAHHH,Dave!!!

Great looking family!

They are a tribute to You and Mom.

Bravo Zulu on parenting skills.

I almost spit coffee all over my monitor when I read the douche bag comment. It was priceless. :rofl:

Wait, your sons get to wear polo shirts to school? Completely not fair at all, shirt and tie every day for 13 years was not fun at all, especially when it was hot in summer.