Sign in to follow this  
ONETINSOLDIER

Flames Roar in San Bruno, California

gallery_1_54_6101.jpg

Bad news in the bay area, no details, happening as i type this.

R.I.P. to those lost.

Homes on fire after explosion reported in California

SAN BRUNO, Calif. — A massive fire is roaring through a mostly residential neighborhood in the San Francisco suburb of San Bruno.

Firefighters from San Bruno and surrounding cities are battling the blaze that started on a hillside and is now consuming homes in a residential neighborhood.

Television live shots show at least a dozen homes destroyed, with flames reaching now as high as 50 to 60 feet into the air.

A South San Francisco fire official confirmed earlier that firefighters were responding to a fire, but had no other details.

Witnesses say a loud explosion was felt just before the flames erupted around 6 p.m. Thursday.

The fire is burning in a mostly residential area a few miles from San Francisco International Air, but the Federal Aviation Administration and a spokesman for the airport say they have no record of a plane crash.

THIS IS A BREAKING NEWS UPDATE. Check back soon for further information. AP's earlier story is below.

SAN BRUNO, Calif. (AP) — Live television footage is showing flames shooting at least 20 feet high into the air and burning homes in a San Francisco suburb.

A South San Francisco fire official confirmed Thursday evening that firefighters were responding to a blaze in San Bruno, but had no other details. Witnesses say a loud explosion was felt just before the flames erupted around 6 p.m. Thursday.

The area where the fire is burning is in a mostly residential neighborhood.

Chron

i meant to put a question mark in the original title, as i was skeptikal of the airplane crash reports, my bad

Is it a Plane then?..any more news?

Oh...Gas explosion!.....

FireFighters airplanes are perfect for this. Wish I could be there to help.

Another PG&E fail. A house blew up in Sacremento about a year ago due to a gas leak.