Sign in to follow this  
ChiefofMen

FSW1 and Windows 7 64bit

Will FSw1 run on windows 7 64 bit?

I love that sim but lost it in a computer crash. Computer Upgraded now and i would love to reload it.

Please don't mention ROF...least said soonest mended as my Granny use to say!!

Thanks

Yes indeed. I run it on Win 7 64-bit. Only issues might be color banding with newer graphics cards, but we are working on a fix for that and to add widescreen resolutions in OpenGL 32.

The All-In-One can be had here: http://www.moddb.com/mods/fighter-squadron-world-war-one/downloads/fs-wwi-plane-pack-5-all-in-one-exe-installer

And that patch to that here: http://www.moddb.com/mods/fighter-squadron-world-war-one/downloads/fs-wwi-plane-pack-5-patch-v10

You won't need the original SDOE CD.

When the color banding fix and widescreen support patch comes out, we will do another All-In-One combining the above. :)

Edited by ArgonV

Hello!

Get everything working ok?

Didn't work for me. The opening screen information boxes are all blank.

Also set it to run in Windows 98/ME and checked some box (don't

remember which). Anybody get this to work on Windows 7

64 bit?

Igor

Try reinstalling the All In One exe. It sounds like a main GUI file didn't get copied in. You don't need the original SDOE CD, so if you loaded that start over again from scratch. Also, try changing the install path to get it out of Program Files. Just try C:\FS-WW1 or something. I just tried this on a fresh Win 7 64-bit box and it works. Don't set any Compatibility setting, except Run as Admin.