Sign in to follow this  
Derk

Red Storm Rising revisited

Not Fulcrums but Flankers will be based at Keflavik AB in Iceland.

An amazing initiative..........

My link

Going to be interesting in Iceland and I guess it will be heaven for ex fighter pilots, earning something like E 160.000,= p.a.:yikes: without having to trundle along in civil jets

Hou doe,

Derk

Edited by Derk

I'll believe it when I see it. Operating a modern fighter squadron is expensive. Unless they get a lot of business from deep pocketed players, this won't last long.

FC

I'll believe it when I see it. Operating a modern fighter squadron is expensive. Unless they get a lot of business from deep pocketed players, this won't last long.

FC

Agree on that, we'll see,

Hou doe,

Derk

Whats that ECA is,in the intro they just talk abt IAF sukhois in red flag,sounds like a private company.

It is a private company, but I don't know who is funding them. One of the founders is Dutch, don't know him, and it seems that at least one fighter pilot, younger brother Peter of our former Chief of Staff Lt. gen Dick Berlijn, is involved too...

They get their Flankers from Belo Russia, including later versions, the total number being no less then 30+

But that whole thing is hearsay evidence. As I said, we'll see....

Hou doe,

Derk

It is a private company, but I don't know who is funding them. One of the founders is Dutch, don't know him, and it seems that at least one fighter pilot, younger brother Peter of our former Chief of Staff Lt. gen Dick Berlijn, is involved too...

They get their Flankers from Belo Russia, including later versions, the total number being no less then 30+

But that whole thing is hearsay evidence. As I said, we'll see....

Hou doe,

Derk

thnx derk