Sign in to follow this  
speedyg33

Greater than 180degree rear-view panning available for AF?

Hello all,

Does anyone know how to stop the annoying bouncing around of your rear-view in 3D when you quickly look all the way back? I just see the center line bouncing back and forth and that takes crucial time for me to "slowly" move away from the rear limit when looking straight back; because if you hit that limit again, the view (looking back and up) bounces from one side to the other side of the cockpit all over again. Please give steps. Thanks for your time.

Speedyg33

Edited by speedyg33

Are you using TrackIR?

I know Falcon built in a look limit because a real person could not look past that point either with out looking up to get to the other side. I generally don't use the 3d pit because i can do more with the 2d and it still looks great.

Are you using TrackIR?

I know Falcon built in a look limit because a real person could not look past that point either with out looking up to get to the other side. I generally don't use the 3d pit because i can do more with the 2d and it still looks great.

Hey thanks for replying...I do not have TrackIR or use it. Yea I understand Lead Pursuit’s look back limitations and that is cool but I am hoping someone has a mod or a fix. I like 3D view cuz you can swing your view fast using a mouse. I just want the view to stop bouncing back and forth. Hasn't anyone else experience this and tried to correct this issue?

Anyone have this issue too? And a solution?

Thanks.

Your Welcome.

I haven't seen any fix or mod for this so I am sorry i can't help you there. I do agree with the advantages of looking around quickly with the 3d pit, yet for me i still dogfight in the 2d. It might just be something you have to live with and i know thats not the answer you want to hear. maybe some here can develop something.

I havent seen anything in regards to this either - however you dont actually get this issue using a TrackIR so its not something I have noticed and I use the 3D view a lot.

I want to utilize TrackIR soon. Is the free version good enough? I been to that site, and don't remember where it was, but I read you can download the free software and it utilizes your webcam to track your head movement.

I want to utilize TrackIR soon. Is the free version good enough? I been to that site, and don't remember where it was, but I read you can download the free software and it utilizes your webcam to track your head movement.

Thats doesn't seam like it would work to well. TrackIR uses Inferred to track your head movement. You have to wear a special hat or head piece for the software to track. Im not sure how just a webcam could do it, but I'm sure it can exist. Keep in mind it would be the free version and maybe just for demonstration. I've never heard of the free version personally.

http://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir/

Here Is the link to the TrackIR web site

The free one is Freetrack which Ive never used - it may require some basic electronics and soldering to get it running. Check some old posts - Some people have built them before on here - but recommend TrackIR really.

A brand new TIR 4 is down to $100 I think. If that's too much, people who are upgrading to later models often sell their older ones, which should work just fine as there's no moving parts, and you might be able to pick up a used TIR 4 for a pittance.

Sounds great! I will look into purchasing a new or used one with non free software.

Thanks everyone for your time.

Adam