Sign in to follow this  
Olham

A Tip how to avoid to mess up OFF Manager

May have been posted before, but better twice than never.

It seems, that you can enlist quite a lot of pilots without problems for the OFF Manager.

I for example have 21 pilots enlisted right now.

But when I deleted pilots, I sometimes got problems and had to reset OFF Manager or CFS3 config.

The problems did not always appear at once, but after the next new start (so I think).

Now I used a different method several times, and didn't get those problems again:

I deleted a pilot, and right after that (without leaving the sim), I enlisted a new one.

That new pilot got the same number and space, as the just deleted one.

This way, the manager seems to be able to handle the whole list of pilots better.

Edited by Olham

Good tip Olham. I have suffered through a number of resets. Will make a note of this and try to remember to do that in the future.

Me too, nbryant, me too. That's why I started watching it and thinking about it.

I can't promise you, that you will never have to make resets again.

But it should make the resets far less.

I guess I've been fortunate in that I've never had to reset my pilots. But now as I think about it, I've always been doing exactly like Olham suggests in this thread. Every time I've deleted a pilot I've immediately created a new one to replace him. Maybe it does really help?

Yes, it helps. The pilots thing is a bit complicated. When your pilot's log number is Pilot No. 6, then his 3 files

are called "Pilot7 Dossier", "Pilot7 Log" and "Pilot7 Claims. Always one number higher - Pilot No.1 may be a

"layout" sort of pilot somewhere in the files - you won't see him.

Now, if you erase one, and don't create a new one, the numbers cannot all suddenly change, I assume.

And so it may lead to problems for the Manager.

Yes, it helps. The pilots thing is a bit complicated. When your pilot's log number is Pilot No. 6, then his 3 files

are called "Pilot7 Dossier", "Pilot7 Log" and "Pilot7 Claims. Always one number higher - Pilot No.1 may be a

"layout" sort of pilot somewhere in the files - you won't see him.

Now, if you erase one, and don't create a new one, the numbers cannot all suddenly change, I assume.

And so it may lead to problems for the Manager.

This should not be the case...

WM