Sign in to follow this  
revenge

Help new to the scene and game advice to get.

Hi

I am wanting to buy Strike Fighters 2 Europe what is the game like is this the best possible option for the series for me to get?

I see u can fly a Harrier and get an F14 Mod is this available on this version of the series?

Also is this game multiplayer? and what are the avionics like in this game i saw a lot of you tube videos it seems alot more user friendly then lock on flaming cliffs series.

So the game is seems quite realistic to its flight system but not as diverse and complex as Lock On with all the cockpit mechanics...

can i fly this on a LOGITECH EXTREME 3D PRO. because i cant get the saitek x52 joystick, and is TrackIR a must like the other combat sims cause

this accessory isnt available to my country in South Africa.

so technically speaking the game is as combat sim as lock on but not as complex and not needing the expensive joys to enjoy and be a better pilot to the genre.

Thanks alot.

Edited by revenge

There is no muitlplayer. I have that Logictech as my back up sticks and it works great. The avionics are easier yes so you stay focused on the dog fight. The F-14 will work in SF2:Europe. You can use TrackIR. There are a ton of mods like NATO FIghters 4+ for SF2:E, its a one stop shop with tons of stuff in it. Its really the only mod you need for it.

Ok thanks alot... wow such a pity this game isnt multiplayer........... I watched a youtube video and the guy posted a message everytime a bandit was shot down state "shot by some1 else" i guess he was referring to AI.

I cant get a TrackIR system will this dampen my game play and make things alot more difficult for me to play it?

So this mod NATO Fighters 4+ will have everything i am looking for including the F14 and Harrier?

will this game ever be multiplayer or what SF series offers Multiplayer is it still active and do they work on new systems today like win7?

soz about all the questions just loving this game and eagerly wanting to get it.

final question is some1 making an F22 mod?

F-22 Mod is in the downloads section, is the Harrier and the F-14. NF4+ has everything you need. I even made an alternate campaign so you can use the Harrier and the F-14 off an LHA and a carrier. Not sure about MP ever being added. I have never used TrackIR so it hasnt hindered me at all.

GREAT!! thank you so much..

will pay and download SF2 tomorrow and then get the mods.. Thanks for responces..

Myabe SF3 will come out in a few year with MP like the SF1 series..

Welcome aboard revenge.

If I were you I'd download the game and just enjoy it for a week or so. Take things slowly at first, get to know the file structure and then start adding mods. The game itself is really rather good you know!

thanks alot!!!!

sorry i am trying to do as much research before being a pest....

relating the mods for SF2 are there a series of mods available or are there mod packs for example the NATO 4+ mod is there something for other Airforces other then Nato aswell?

and sound packs and graphic packs and making the game HDR for better performance?

SF2 has HDR and gentle bloom built-in. As for NATO Fighters, it ncludes Soviet aircraft too (at least the last version I tried did). Istrebiteli VVS just wouldn't have a nice ring to most of target audience.

and don't forget the add-on terrains!!!

wrench

kevin stein

and don't forget the add-on terrains!!!

wrench

kevin stein

ooooh wheres that? is that included in SF2 or must i download it?

Terrains will be in downloads - NF4 would come with its own terrain.

The terrains are sorta mixed up ... meaning, you'll find them in BOTH the SF1/Wo* and SF2 downloads sections.

Some VERY minor adjustments are needed to update the terrain shader from 1stGen to NextGen (on those not converted). I wrote a little tutorial on "How To..." that in the SF2 Knowledge Bsse.

note to self: write tut on how to fix the 'land/water interface bleed' on the old, not fully updated desert-based terrains.

wrench

kevin stein