Sign in to follow this  
Ticket1

QUESTIONS about XXX_AVIONICS.INI and XXX_DATA.INI

Hi folks,

I guess this is here is the best place to ask the following questions:

1) What values are available for the parameter RadarType?  So far I've seen AIR_INTERCEPT and NAV/ATTACK.  Are these values related to the AI aircrafts only?

2) In the Avionics.ini file, the line AvailableModes=SEARCH,STT,ACM,GM is placed under [RadarData] but in some other aircrafts's avionics.ini file, it is placed under [AvionicsData], are there any differences between them functionally?

thanks 

Ticket1

1) What values are available for the parameter RadarType?  So far I've seen AIR_INTERCEPT and NAV/ATTACK.  

Are these values related to the AI aircrafts only?

RANGING, for those aircraft with guns-only ranging radar (Sabres, Hunters?, Fresco and Farmer)

No sure exactly, as there are the visual targeting compenents as well. But more than likely, yes. As the player, you're already "eyes out" in visual contact with the target. In SF2 series, you get the yellow radar diamond on the target when withing "optimal" guns range (on easy and normal modes) Again, also is SF2, they show up on the TEWS as AAA (similiar freq ranges to gun laying radars)

2) In the Avionics.ini file, the line AvailableModes=SEARCH,STT,ACM,GM is placed under [RadarData] but in some other aircrafts's avionics.ini file, it is placed under [AvionicsData], are there any differences between them functionally?

avionics60.dll vs avioncs70.dll.

SEARCH= just what it says, basic looking around mode

TRACK= after locking up a target, it tracks it

BORESIGHT= just like it says - fixed stright ahead, like a rifle's sniper scope

GM= (in avi60, GROUND_MAP), just as it says, ground mapping mode

TERRAIN_AVOIDENCE= similiar to GM, show terrain features

avi70s:

TWS= Track While Scan, tracks a target while scanning for others

SST= Single Target Track, locked single target, tracking, with data displayed on heading, azimuth, speed, aspect and closure rate

ACM= Air Combat Mode, similar to borsight, a very short range (5 nm or less). Usually used for IRMs, and guns

Isn't this covered in that funny little pdf called the "Game Manuel"? Start at the bottom of page 31. Might be a worthwhile read! :grin:

wrench

kevin stein

Thanks Wrench!!

I'll get back to you..did you say the manual?  I'll have a look of that.  Meanwhile there's a value "TV" I found from using a hex editor, what is it for?

Ticket1

LGBs, IIR missiles/rockets/bombs, etc (ie: TV guided stuff that in Real Life needs a human controler - HOBOs bomb for example-) The game does a bang-up job -yes, pun intended!- of self-guiding the TV stuff.

Now, if they could just get rid of the commercials .....

wrench

kevinstein

Wrench,

This sounds very much like what I've been looking for in the last couple of days and it is very important for me to get an understanding in order to move things forward in my investigation.  So let me get this right:

You're saying that if 'TV' is included in the 'AvailableMode' in the XXX_AVIONICS.INI file, then I will have a TV display on the MFD AND I can put this into any aircraft's avionics.ini file say the F-16A_NETZ for instance?  Also, by doing so, does it enable an AI aircraft to drop Laser Guided Bombs like the HOBOs GBU-8?

Appreciate your reply very much!

Thanks!

Ticket1

The Netz already has that ability. Again, the avionics.ini has absolutely nothing to do with the AI.

The Netz already has that ability. Again, the avionics.ini has absolutely nothing to do with the AI.

Okay, Fubar, so if I can release a GBU in an F-16A_NETZ, it doesn't mean an AI F-16A_NETZ (not my wingmen) is capable of releasing the same?

One more question, where is the Mission File when I ran a Single Mission from the main menu?

Ticket1

Edited by Ticket1

Yes. He'll use it against any target you tell him to hit, or against the designated primary target.

Folks,

This is a screen capture of the EF-111 cockpit which I believe uses avionics60.dll.  The [AvionicsData] section reads

[AvionicsData]
AvailableModes=GROUND_MAP,TERRAIN_AVOIDANCE,TV
RangeUnit=NM
RangeSetting[1]=5
RangeSetting[2]=10
RangeSetting[3]=25
RangeSetting[4]=50
RadarPosition=
MaxElevationAngle=60
MinElevationAngle=-60
MaxAzimuthAngle=60
MinAltitude=800.0
MinReturn=0.05
SearchRangeSetting=1,2
ScanPattern[1].BarElevation[1]=1.875
ScanPattern[1].BarElevation[2]=-1.875
ScanPattern[1].ScanRate=120
ScanPattern[1].ScanBeamAngle=6.7
ScanPattern[1].ScanArc=60
SearchRange=100
SearchStrength=100
SearchTargetTime=5.0
AcquisitionSymbolSpeed=0.5
AcquisitionTime=5.0
LostAquisitionTime=1.0
TrackRangeSetting=1,2,3
TrackCapabilities=HOJ,TARGET_MEMORY
TrackRange=80
TrackStrength=80
TrackMemroyTime=5.0
BoresightRangeSetting=1
BoresightElevation=-2.0
BoresightAzimuth=0.0
BoresightBeamAngle=3.7
GroundMapRangeSetting=2,3,4
TerrainAvoidanceRangeSetting=2,3,4
ClearanceDistance=152.4
AcquisitionResetPosX=0.5
AcquisitionResetPosY=0.20

9132010052721.png

Each of the red-squared shows a TV image of some sort.  I hit the "PgUp" key to obtain that.  What mode is the radar in at that point?  Thanks!

Ticket1

It's obviously off.

Fubar,

Thanks for your reply and information. 

I put a TV into the 'AvailableMode" of the stock A-4E for instance, why I'm not getting the same TV display as shown in the screen shot ?   Which avionics.dll should I use ?  Also why every add-on aircraft has either avionics60.dll or avionics70.dll in their folder?

Ticket1

Avionics60.dll or Avionics70.dll is a system file and should not be included in any 3rd party aircraft.

Are you not getting a TV display at all, or just not one that looks like the screenshot?

FC

Fubar,

Thanks for your reply and information. 

I put a TV into the 'AvailableMode" of the stock A-4E for instance, why I'm not getting the same TV display as shown in the screen shot ?   Which avionics.dll should I use ?  Also why every add-on aircraft has either avionics60.dll or avionics70.dll in their folder?

Ticket1

Because you either did not load an EO (electro-optical)guided weapon, or because the aircraft does not have an entry for an on-board camera/designator.

As FC stated, you DO NOT place any .dll files into the aircraft folders. They are accessed via a path statement. I suggest that you learn how the sim works before you start making changes that will lead to a hosed install. That's what the knowledge base is for.

FC, Fubar

About the included avionics60.dll and avionics70.dll files, I must have been mistaken, just 5 hours sleep every day trying to figure things out has exhausted me completely.  There are huge amount of trial & error work to be done.

FC, I'm not getting the TV display if I put it into say an A-4E.  But I'll try putting the weapons in to see if that does any better. Thanks!

Could you possibly confirm if TW series 1 simulators SFP1, WoV, WoE and WoI are not supporting AI to drop guided weapon on Strike missions?  It looks like the engine doesn't tell AI how to launch LGBs for instance in a typical Strike mission.  I could be missing something though...if so, could you please fill the holes for me, many thanks!

Ticket1