Sign in to follow this  
PG_Raptor

High Res Mountain Scenery

If you like bush flying at all, make sure you get Holger Sandmann's high res mountain sceneries. just do a search on simviation.com. They're very accurate, and very fun for flying around in the Caravan Amphibian. He's got several out, including Glacier Natl Park, Bella Coola Area, and eastern British Columbia. They're all awesome.

oh yeah...tok this shot in Bella Coola

post-54-1091671910_thumb.jpg

Hey PG,

Thanks for the tip.

I just finished downloading quite a few of those mesh files. Now, if I can just install them correctly!!!

Navy Chief

Nice looking scenery, have to get some more memory and a better vidcard if I was to install it. Oh well, one can dream.

Nice looking scenery, have to get some more memory and a better vidcard if I was to install it. Oh well, one can dream.

Actually, I get better fps out in these sceneries than in cities and the like. There's a complete lack of traffic or cities, so you can turn on the trilinear filtering, distant textures, and turn up the autogen scenery and still get good frames while flying in some of the best bush scenery out there.

for example, in city areas, I get anywhere from 15-20 fps. In this scenery, I did those three things and am still getting 25-30 fps. Plus its more fun :)

A moutain lake I landed on near Bella Coola. Nice little lake, small and secluded. It'd be great for some (chilly) skinny dipping... :)

Edited by PG_Raptor