Sign in to follow this  
ONETINSOLDIER

Ho Lee Crap

Ok, so at least it was for me this time. I admit that I'm usual late at checking things out sometimes, but I just now checked out g00gle maps and I clicked the little orange colored guy and dragged him around the map, it showed me pictures, amazing! Im aware of the sophistication of optics these days, but this blows my mind, if you look at the picture I attached, just above where it says "deer trail" you can see three windows, THATS MY FREAKIN BEDROOM!! Granted, you cant see IN them, but this is the technology that they let us know about, and trust and believe, they got better.

I recently learned that the capabilities of GPS location had always been down to one meter, its just that a bug was written into the code that would only allow it to locate "the general public" as close as something like 100 meters. What Im getting at is that I listen to a police scanner a lot and they seem to have longitude and latitude on about every phone call they take, even landlines. Is this possible? Its all about intel these days, who you are, what youve done, how many weapons you have registered to you, etc etc.

I swear to you on this point, where I live if you are outdoors after 2300 hrs, you are going to be questioned, either driving, walking or on a bike.

When did they declare marshal law? And all the I.D.'s and plates tey run and have the info sent to thier email, whats up with that? And the use of cell phones WHILE DRIVING. Thats illegal, gentlemen,,,,, but still they do it all the time.

Ok, rant off.

the picture

(Picture deleted by admin because it has your freaking address on it dude)

You do know those pics are taken at street level right by Google? It's basically an omni directional camera that sits on top of a car/truck. Nothing that's done there is technically illegal because it's taken from a public location (the street). I could walk down your street and do the same thing (take pictures). They are supposed to erase license plates and people. Now, there was an issue with wi-fi snooping, supposedly by accident on unsecure routers. You can research the internet for more info on it.

Cell phone location is easy...it works on the old principle of triangulation. What the GPS does is get you close, then the cell towers use triangulation to get an exact location. GPS is not THAT accurate, that's why airports use WAAS to augment the GPS signals for approach work.

As far as cell phone usage, what's the exact law? For us, cell phone use is legal except in school zones and on USAF installations (hands free only). I haven't heard of a broad 'no cell phone use at all in a moving vehicle' law yet, do you have one there?

These are simply cases of technology outrunning the law's ability to keep up...a lot of that information has always been there (your name, address and phone number in a phone book), but now it's available quickly, easily, and globally.

FC

In New York, we have a no cell phones while driving law, so it wouldn't be surprising anywhere else.

Same here for mobile phone usage while driving - 100$ fine if the catch you.

However I can't say I'm opposed to that as most people I meet who drive and talk on the phone make horrible mistakes.

The streets here are much narrower than in USA(atleast judging by pictures, movies etc.) so I often get in situation where a guy is handling a curve(or even just driving strait) by cutting me off completely from opposite direction, I often have to come to a complete stop and pray he will correct his trajectory in time :blink:

Not to mention abuse of priority right, idiotic way of lane switching etc...

Troy, MI has a no distraction law. That means no cell phone, drinking, eating, and so on. Anything that will distract you from driving.

Troy, MI has a no distraction law. That means no cell phone, drinking, eating, and so on. Anything that will distract you from driving.

That seems darn near unenforceable.

No kids?

No music?

No other people in the car?

No hot women jogging on the side of the road?

ANYTHING can be a distraction. I'm surprised someone hasn't challenged that particular law as too vague.

FC

I'm surprised someone hasn't challenged that particular law as too vague.

FC

It's Michigan, what did you expect?

BTW...love how the OP has his LAT/LONG coordinates in their profile.

Not much and you won't be disappointed...

ML

You can request Google to remove your house if you so wish...Personally, I find it quite useful, when returning home after a night drinking Old Speckled Hen!!! :drinks:

Here's one for you.....

Why is it illegal to sell certain magnifications of reading glasses in NY?

OMG! WTF?

Psst! Hey, buddy. Wanna pair of 2.5x??

Not much and you won't be disappointed...

ML

Apparently it's illegal for the Lions to put both feet down, take one step, land on their butt, and score .....while in Illinois.

Apparently it's illegal for the Lions to put both feet down, take one step, land on their butt, and score .....while in Illinois.

:rofl:

Ok, so at least it was for me this time. I admit that I'm usual late at checking things out sometimes, but I just now checked out g00gle maps and I clicked the little orange colored guy and dragged him around the map, it showed me pictures, amazing! Im aware of the sophistication of optics these days, but this blows my mind, if you look at the picture I attached, just above where it says "deer trail" you can see three windows, THATS MY FREAKIN BEDROOM!! Granted, you cant see IN them, but this is the technology that they let us know about, and trust and believe, they got better.

I recently learned that the capabilities of GPS location had always been down to one meter, its just that a bug was written into the code that would only allow it to locate "the general public" as close as something like 100 meters. What Im getting at is that I listen to a police scanner a lot and they seem to have longitude and latitude on about every phone call they take, even landlines. Is this possible? Its all about intel these days, who you are, what youve done, how many weapons you have registered to you, etc etc.

I swear to you on this point, where I live if you are outdoors after 2300 hrs, you are going to be questioned, either driving, walking or on a bike.

When did they declare marshal law? And all the I.D.'s and plates tey run and have the info sent to thier email, whats up with that? And the use of cell phones WHILE DRIVING. Thats illegal, gentlemen,,,,, but still they do it all the time.

Ok, rant off.

the picture

(Picture deleted by admin because it has your freaking address on it dude)

that wasnt my address, but no big deal about the pic

BTW...love how the OP has his LAT/LONG coordinates in their profile.

lol, someone finally noticed!

Here in Portugal (the western a$$ end of Europe, also a member of PIGS), it is illegal to drive whilst talking on the cell phone in your hand (hands-free cell phone use whilst driving is allowed). Initially it was only a money fine but since portuguese are cell-phone-fanatics the penalty had to be raised to the level that you'd lose your driver's license because of it (plus a hefty fine). Problem is, the cops don't enforce that law very much but the way people drive around whilst talking on their hand-held phones turns it into my nr1 crime for which I'd like to make citizen arrests for...  :threat:

I myself never answer the phone when it rings whilst driving (I don't have a hands-free set) - or if it rings insistently, I just pull over (if possible) and answer it... otherwise I ignore it and call the person back whenever I've reached my destination.

Here in my town we have the same laws in regards to being on the mobile phone...my question is this what do you say to the cops that talk on their cells while driving when you see them?

I remember hearing oif a website that offered a live sat feed to its users ... the government bought most of the rights or whatever and not only that I forgot the name of it... then again I'm not sure how that could be possible considering that there is only one sat and hundreds of people.