Sign in to follow this  
daddyairplanes

question about carriers

what carriers are flyable? besides stock CVA-63 and the nimitz that is. i am trying to get some navy action into an install that is more centered around the 50's and early 60's (nlt the cuban missle crisis) and was wondering which ones i could actually fly some vintage navy birds off of. plan to put it into SF2E with some copying of the ini edit that put the Nimitz and LHA into NF4+. is this a pipe dream or are there some usable carriers out there?

side note already tried with an Essex class then realized that it wouldn't work think Clancy sent the Backfires thru time and sank the carrier as i always started at Spang!

my apologies to the moderators posted in gen1 instead of gen 2

Edited by daddyairplanes

I moved this one for ya, DA.

I gotta ask the question .... "flyable carriers"????? Did somebody build a "Sky Captain & the World of Tommorrow" mod I missed!?? :rofl:

wrench

kevin stein

at wrench thanks for the move and Thppppppppppppppppppppppt!

i mean a carrier that i can fly off of rather than one that automatically sends me to shore in campaign

all CVs are 'flyable of off', if placed via a userbuilt mission or campaign that the vessel named. The terrain's targets ini MUST have a CVStation defined somewhere in it so the built-mission and/or campaign can take take advantage of it.

Stock ones are the Kittyhawk and SCB-125 Essex's (essexi??) All the others should work just fine, if the other parameters are met.

wrench

kevin stein

ooook i tried copying the Oriskany and Ark Royal into the target ini for Germany CE using the lines from the NF4+ carrier add on (the info for the Nimitz and LHA) lemme look again see what i missed