Sign in to follow this  
squid

looking for any new offline FPS game

Hello

I have this question that their official sites ARENT able to solve : are americas army and Joint Operations online ONLY games ? (no "bots", no campaign ?)

I am looking for any new military FPS game that IS NOT strictly online, is any out there ?

Thanks

PS is america's army published for free ?

Edited by squid

Americas Army is Free, and is online only.

As for JO which is my speciality, It is meant for online gaming only, Offline are only Training Missions,

BUT

You can host a LAN Server in Coop Mode and play on your own through the set of Coop Missions.

nothing much in offline military FPS sims that i know about. I have high hopes for Operation Flashpoint 2 which i think is scheduled for release early in '05

Stick Around.... America's Army is currently working on a OFFLINE edition/version...

<C>

Fates

Stick Around.... America's Army is currently working on a OFFLINE edition/version...

<C>

Fates

btw whats SITREP ?

If you haven't played it, Raven Shield is an excellent FPS. It has a solid campaign, and theres an addon out now which bumps up both the number of missions and weapons.

CS-Condition Zero is kind of fun.

R/S

Creepy847

Semper Fi.

Edited by Creepy847

SITREP= Situation Report.

<C>

Fates

Thanks everybody

I have checked a few military FPS in the meanwhile and i am finding myself during this period interested in WWII too. So,

- i have checked Raven Shield , The Rainbow Six 3 version its indeed a good thing, stil strugling with the mission builder though

- Joint Ops should had offline mod, the coperative mode is fun but its real drawback the absence of fellow team. I havent been playing any other millitary FPS than Delta Force Series for years, JO should have a campaign option or a custom cooperative team command missions option or something

- Ghost Recon , didnt like apart the appearance of US soldiers and the option to place and command all the groups the way you want

- call of duty has been fun , i hope i will play in some of these games the battle for the Arnhem bridge. But, i ended up the campaign in few days, thats not fun.

- next to check out are medal of honor and battlefield vietnam (i checked out battlefield 1942, didnt like it)

- line of sight : vietnam is very cool too, jezz you realy cant spot nothing in this jungle environment (how come they spot you though ? :P )

- i am waiting with interest for the Brothers in Arms (i realy enjoyed watching Band of brothers ...) , Full Spectrum Warrior, The offline mode of AA, and whats Close combat : first to fight ?

IN GENERAL, i am missing in all FPS games something i like very much as option in unreal tournament : team deathmatch against bots ... WHY FPS dont have this SO COOL option ?

Does anyone know which military FPS have such or similar option ??

Thanks

Edited by squid

Close Combat: First to Fight

FPS: Real Time Strategy

http://www.closecombat.com

This is Take2 Interactives future winner. It is currently being developed as the Marine Corp trainer, much like America's Army. The Marine Corp has supplied recent Iraqi-deployed troops to assist in development.

The military trainer sim is OFFLINE capable, and from what I've read, they do a very good job at simulating non-player character reactions to situations. Things like health, morale, and intensity of battle are detected to alter AI reaction.

However, you may find that this becomes more of an ONLINE game then off.

The game is not slated for release until later this year.

<C>

Fates

If you want another option check out OFP and the resistance add-ons!!! a classic and just a great game.so many mods and missions out for it...as for Others offline my picks would be

OFP

Ghost recon

Battlefield Vietnam

Call of Duty