Sign in to follow this  
Gator

Helllllloooooo From The Persian Gulf

Good evening gents and ladies.

Just thought I would drop a line or twenty from the hot as all hell 130 degree persian gulf. I am floating out here on deployment onboard USS Wasp LHD-1. You can check us out here http://www.wasp.navy.mil/

I have been here flotin since april and should be home hopefully in september. I finally got enough bandwidh to access the site from the ship here. It sure is a different navy than when i came in back in 1988 when we didnt have email out here. you had to send a letter and it took 2 -3 weeks to get a letter to the states and again as long to get one back. Now I can email chat with my wife daily.

Yall stay safe and be good on the boards. Madjeff I will be abck soon. Did you drop me off of staff??? just checkin ben gone a while. glad to see the site is finally back up and running.

Gator out

Gator,

Be careful out there, Gator. Thanks for keeping us safe, Marine.

And yes, I too remember when email was not available on ships. It really must be a comfort to be able to stay in touch so easily!!

Navy Chief

when we didnt have email out here. you had to send a letter and it took 2 -3 weeks to get a letter to the states and again as long to get one back

Im going to date myself,I remember when you could write an adress a letter on a c-rat box and it would get home! lol..but Stay Safe out there MARINE..stay Safe,and remember there's a Hell of a lot of folks back here that will back you fellows to the hilt!(no matter what the press does or says)...

Semper Fi bro! My boots should be hitting the ground in June, so your not alone.

Thanks for the thoughts.

I am not a marine. I am a SAILOR.... LOL

Hell I shoul;da made chief this year but the board didnt smile on me.

see you guys on the beach

hope u r safe out there...

technology gave us great things, i see u enjoy them :P

<Salute>

Hey Sailor, stay safe and keep your proud head up.

You and all the others do good work.

Salute

Dutchy