Sign in to follow this  
MAKO69

Surffin the WEB

Surffin the web and found these just thought I would share

F20A_NewZealand91.jpg

F20A_NewZealand99.jpg

Mako69 I remember reading years back that the RNZAF where very keen to buy about thirty units of the F-20, but the there were no orders and only five models where producted.

I also beleive I read here that some was building an F-20 model, but so far nothing. So at the time I made RNZAF skin for MF'S F-5E as a stop gap. Never uploaded the skin, I did not think there would much interest, plus one has the get permission from MF to do so.

Only saudi arabia got some intrest on it, but their order was not enought to make viable the line production.

I remember reading the specs on the F-20 many years ago. I was very impressed. Unbelievable to me that the plane never found success.

I don't suppose somebody is still working on a model for Thirdwire is there?

I remember reading the specs on the F-20 many years ago. I was very impressed. Unbelievable to me that the plane never found success.

I don't suppose somebody is still working on a model for Thirdwire is there?

Taiwan where also interested in the Jet as well due to the US not releasing the F-16 to them. Change of Administration and they got the F-16 which is practically what killed it as Taiwan where willing to buy about 200 of them or so...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northrop_F-20_Tigershark

And before you say it's Wikipedia it is pretty accurate on what happened. But your right this jet would have made money but it was against the F-16...