Sign in to follow this  
UK_Widowmaker

OT Aimed at the Brits

But I am sure you have a version in your Country

Rather aimed at the "Daily Mail".

We have the "Bild-Zeitung", short "BILD" - they are our typical boulevard press.

When they slam you on the front page and say you are a monster, you ARE a monster.

Or you'll become one, at least.

Nice one.

Everyone knows everything is absolutely 100% true in the tabloids!

From the Weekly World News (famous for the BatBoy series), found at supermarket checkout counters all across the US:

FRANCE – One fisherman is going to have to find a very big fishbowl for his latest catch!

This isn’t the type of goldfish you buy your kids at the pet store. Fisherman Raphael Biagini reeled in what is believed to be a 30-pound koi carp in France, where the fish is quite popular. The carp gives off the appearance of a giant goldfish thanks to its vivid orange color. While the picture is a few months old, it’s blazing through the Internet thanks to an article from the U.K.’s Daily Mail.

There is speculation that the picture is a fake. Given the fact that online hoaxes are a dime a dozen, these fears aren’t farfetched. However, according to Ken Peterson, communications director at the Monterey Bay Aquarium, this isn’t out of the realm of possibility. If a koi has the right amount of food and enough space to grow, he says, there’s no telling how big they can get.

Koi carp have indeed grown a lot bigger. John McCosker of the California Academy of Sciences points out that, according to FishBase.org, the largest koi on record weighed almost 90 pounds (also caught in France).

Despite all of these facts, it still seems a little odd that Biagini isn’t struggling at all with the fish. As one commenter to the Daily Mail points out, it seems as though the fisherman is holding the fish the way somebody would hold a 1-pound package.

Well, you tell us what you think…

post-45761-071816600 1284778222.jpg

Edited by NS13Jarhead

Well, at least the carp must be dead already, which makes it look silly, that the guy is still in the water.

A living carp, I bet, wouldn't sit in his arms like a tired baby - he would just make a strong move and escape.

Widowmaker is the man to ask.

Edited by Olham

Well guys..I have posted this in the Pub earlier on last week.

Firstly, I can assure you, the Fish is very much alive...she was safely returned to the Water :good:

Secondly....the Fish is very much real...not a fake...she weighed in at 60KG (just over 30LB)

The photo is however slightly misleading, insomuch as the fish is thrust towards the camera.

This photo of me, is of a Carp of a similar size (32lb 4oz)...they are quite common on Continental Europe (I caught this one in France in the 1990's)

As you can see, I didnt thrust it at the Camera...wish I had though hahahahaha

As long as you handle them properly, they will stay still long enough for a photo or two..and then you can return them to grow BIGGER!