Sign in to follow this  
brfurlaneto

Question about ground target designation

Hello

I´m a newbie in SF2 israel and some issues are not covered in its manual like taget designation with ground mode radar and laser pod to launch LGB bombs.

My question is how i designate targets to launch precision guided weapons like LGB Series , missiles like HARM with radar or laser pod designation.

Thanks

I've intalled War for israel 2.0 campaingn

Edited by brfurlaneto

In this series, the only available modes for ground radar are terrain avoidance and ground mapping.

In order to use laser-guided weapons, one must either have an aircraft that's euipped with a laser designator, or add one in the loadout screen. Once added, all one has to do is select a laser guided weapon, and then scroll through the in-range targets via tapping the "E" key. Note that you can drop the weapon only when its range, altitude, and heading parameters are all satisfied.

Hello

I´m a newbie in SF2 israel and some issues are not covered in its manual like taget designation with ground mode radar and laser pod to launch LGB bombs.

My question is how i designate targets to launch precision guided weapons like LGB Series , missiles like HARM with radar or laser pod designation.

Thanks

I've intalled War for israel 2.0 campaingn

http://562.50megs.com/562nd/Tutorials/GuidedWeapons.zip

Guest HoneyFox

AFAIK, in strike missions, the target is always designated no matter you have laser designator equipped or not. maybe it is laser designated by friendly ground forces nearby. (though they actually do not exist)

AFAIK, in strike missions, the target is always designated no matter you have laser designator equipped or not. maybe it is laser designated by friendly ground forces nearby. (though they actually do not exist)

I believe that you're confused.

If you equip your aircraft with LGBs, you must have either an integral, or pod-mounted laser designator, or they will not guide.

That is correct. In strike missions, the primary target is lazed so no aircraft mounted designator is necessary. In order to hit any other targets with an LGB, your aircraft will have to be carrying a laser designator.

I believe all of this is in the game manual.

From what I remember - certainly on the F-4 you needed a laser pod for the primary also to get the IR view and for it to guide properly - would need to check