Sign in to follow this  
Dave

Mig Alley for IL2:1946?

I have found general information about it but not a list of what it all has in it. Does anyone have that info?

Interesting I have seen a couple of videos but I have not seen much of the mod apart from that...

I also heard some snippets, but quickly forgot about it. Il-2's engine was designed for low-alt slow-speed prop combat. While it's been adapted to the use of high-alt bombers and early jets, it always struck me as...

Well, it's like flying a helo in SF. You can do it, but it doesn't feel right like a purpose-designed helo FM should.

The YP-80 and Ta-183 are close in general regards to the Korean War jets and I've just never been thrilled with them or fighting at high speeds and altitudes. I'm far more interested in SF's version, where on the flipside prop combat has always left me a bit cold (excluding FE where the WWI crates work great), whether with the P-51, A-1, or the many mods out there.

TK built a jet sim with some props thrown in. Oleg built a prop sim with some jets thrown in.

I have found general information about it but not a list of what it all has in it. Does anyone have that info?

I only know there are some Korea war era planes in the U.P 2.0 mod.