Sign in to follow this  
PvtDK

Visibility Distance...

Hi! do anyone knows how to increase the visibility distance for buildings and trees and that stuff??? thanx to all!

Edited by PvtDK

Yeah good question!

In the flightengine.ini file, under "UnlimitedDetailOption", set the "DetailMeshSize" value to 12 (make sure your system can handle it.) The file is then placed into the flight subfolder of your saved games/thridwire/SF2x folder(s).

Edited by Fubar512

Again is this GPU or CPU intensive?will a 512MB vid card deliver?Right now at DetailMeshSize=6 I'm getting 30+FPS.

Thank you!

I have windows 97 and im looking for the " flightengine.ini file " but I only found this (see photo) Ive checked in the file and I havent found a DetailMeshSize can you please explain excatly how to find it?

Thank you.

post-54230-083594600 1292751477.jpg

You'll have to unpack this file from flightdata.cat (using catextractor available here at CA), found in your strike fighters installation directory, modify the file as mentioned above (increase the "detailmeshsize" values to 6 or 8 - this will lower your framerate though), and place it in your mod directory Flight folder. Mod directory is usually C:\Users\User Name\Saved Games\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2\.

Edited by SFP1Ace

Thanks but I keep getting this error

post-54230-007493200 1292766569.jpg

Edited by umm

I did that but the file in C:\Users\User Name\Saved Games\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2\Flight\. do I need to do the same as the other addon for example C:\Users\Users\Saved Games\ThirdWire\\StrikeFighters2 Israel\Flight\

Edited by umm

Yes, if you want changes in flightengine.ini to affect all your merged titles, then you'll have place the file in all the respective folders: C:\Users\.....\StrikeFighters2 Isreal\Flight\ ; StrikeFighters Vietnam\Flight\ ; StrikeFighters Europe\Flight\ etc.

Edited by SFP1Ace