Sign in to follow this  
carrick58

Tweaking CFS 3 for OFF

I was looking in the stickys for the post reguarding custom files in CFS3 so OFF would play. I remember most of the things to change since the Default settings for CFS dont work well. However, I cant seem to remember how to access the game files. Once upon a time, I remember copying the sticky.The sticky contained items like high resolutions Z buffer Terrain Detail, Tex, cone, Water Detail levels D3D COMPOSIT, A/C SIZE, A/C SHADOW D3D Usage Render, Cloud Scale ECT The Tweaking makes the CFS3 engine more Stable. I Think ? at lest it lets me play the OFF game. Thanks

Edited by carrick58

I was looking in the stickys for the post reguarding custom files in CFS3 so OFF would play. I remember most of the things to change since the Default settings for CFS dont work well. However, I cant seem to remember how to access the game files. Once upon a time, I remember copying the sticky.The sticky contained items like high resolutions Z buffer Terrain Detail, Tex, cone, Water Detail levels D3D COMPOSIT, A/C SIZE, A/C SHADOW D3D Usage Render, Cloud Scale ECT The Tweaking makes the CFS3 engine more Stable. I Think ? at lest it lets me play the OFF game. Thanks

It should be in the FAQ here: http://www.overflandersfields.com/Tips.htm

Thanks Guys, I got it running on the wives Rig. Dont know about the fps yet ? My PC Wizard is on the other rig. Funny, I cant tell if there's any difference in the Vid Cards

of the 2 machines, The dual core 2.0 with 2 Gigs Ram and a Nvida G force 256 mb Card and this Pentium 4 Signal Core 2 Gigs Ram 3.0 GHz Machine with a Nivida 7300 LE 512 Mb. The Pic so far looks the same. I should thankful that it runs Hun?

I ran a small scale dogfight with 10 a/c. It ran Ok the FPS looking at the other aircraft scattering 24.5 lowest, Looking one a/c without clouds 41.8-49 FPS. I do remember that on the other Card ( the 2.0 Dual Core) that the best FPS was in the 30 s. I didnt have any stutters or slide shows