Sign in to follow this  
FastCargo

What's wrong with this picture...

What the.jpg

So, the questions in order:

1. What show?

2. What episode?

3. Name, type, model of every aircraft in the episode?

Bonus question: Where was the episode filmed?

You win...nothing...but what the hell, right?

FC

for partial credit 1. Twilight Zone

2. don't remember the name of the episode but it involved a WWI pilot going forward in time to an airbase in france and discovering that his running away from a dogfight may endanger the life of an Air Marshall visiting later that day. It ends with the pilot breaking away from the MP's flying thru the mist back into his time and the AirMarshall looking at a photo of him taken that day and saying he was shot down 40 years earlier.

3 C-124 (in photo) and F-102. poss a SPAD for the biplane

4 being filmed in california i would say March AFB seems likely candidate

BTW does this mean we got an Old Shakey on the way?

Edited by daddyairplanes

dang should have read the other thread on this. was still a cool episode. saw it at christmas time last year.

I'd have said Fat Albert, in the lost episode of Coronation Street.. I would have been wrong this.gif

Well... The TOPIC states: "What's wrong with this Picture?"

I would have to say it's the Mechanic on top of the aircraft working on the GPS Antenna. GPS obviously didn't exist at the time.

M

C~124 gimmie Gimmie GIMMIE :yikes:

I was always fascinated by this plane. As for episode, I don't even know what show but you can't beat Jeannie with Captain (black-n-white) Anthony Nelson taking off in F-104, flying around in F-106, and landing in T-38, or some permutated order of those three. I wish we could do that in The SF (TK making Thudwire F-106 mmmm).

The man on the far right side of the picture is sitting on a bicycle. Silly mechanic, bicycles are for kids!

hmm...it looks like the rear elevator is down, by the 'cutout' just aft of the wing root, but I don't see the cables or the hull section on the ground.

Given that (if it is a TZ episode), I'd guess it was at March, as that was a MATS base. If not, then probably Douglas Long Beach where the Globemasters (iirc) were built. Markings look correct for the early 60s

wrench

kevin stein