Sign in to follow this  
UK_Widowmaker

I'm all for the Police.......But

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/8015022/Mark-Saunders-wife-says-she-could-have-defused-seige.html

Seems to me, these 'Trained' Police negotiators need to go and get 're-Trained'

They failed to take into account, the impact speaking to his wife may have had on this, obviously disturbed individual.

And this isn't the first incident by a long chalk!

Two months ago in Rothbury (near where I live) another crazed Gunman shot himself after Police again failed to allow people who knew him, to attempt to talk him round.

They bandy about 'Public Safety' as an excuse all the time....but with mobile phones and other technology, it's not like these people's family/friends are in any danger.

It sometimes feels to me, like it's more about professional egos, than it is about bringing these incidents to a peaceful conclusion.

Its called Health and Safety... it pervades everything. When I was in the military the gate guards wore combat's (camoflage kit) then Health and Safety turned up and stated they had to wear dayglo vests so that motorists could see them and wouldn't run them down :blink:

As to this I agree with you sometimes all it takes is a call from a loved one to ease people, I know as I have seen it happen.

oh s**t, this is a sad situation....

i've lost the count of how manyu times the police here failed to save hostages and killed both.

Shooting at nearby houses is kinda asking for it, even if it wasn't a rifle. That should be considered as a very stupid move. Going nuts is cool, just leave the firearms out.

...text message to a friend telling him: “This is the end my only friend, the end.”

The DOORS. Text is from the 1967 song The End.

Shooting at nearby houses is kinda asking for it, even if it wasn't a rifle. That should be considered as a very stupid move. Going nuts is cool, just leave the firearms out.

The DOORS. Text is from the 1967 song The End.

eeeurgh!...spooky! :blink:

Yeah its one of their hardcore tragedies. Very weird and sad. Fantasmycal music though.

If a friend texts you Jim Morrison lyrics, get that Concerned look on your face quick. Know your DOORS songs.

If they text "Hello, I love you, won't you tell me your name?" you'll know it's just spam. :grin:

In the real world, when appropriate like something needing done fast, or lacking time, I say...

no time to wallow in the mire

Most folks -- mmm. A few get it though.

As for the city and the police say "Wrongful Death" lawsuit.

Then tell them to get the checkbook out.

If it goes to a jury,the heirs and lawyers will get a fortune and the city will be out a ton of money.

If a friend texts you with Jim Morrison lyrics,text him back and ask him if you can have some of that good weed.

Yeah,before I became a Marine,I was a "Stoner". :rofl:

If a friend texts you with Jim Morrison lyrics,text him back and ask him if you can have some of that good weed.

Yeah,before I became a Marine,I was a "Stoner". :rofl:

A man after my own Heart! :drinks: