Sign in to follow this  
UK_Widowmaker

This is more than an FSX Video

This is a masterclass in movie making!.... Jaw-Dropping eh???

Edited by UK_Widowmaker

I've just noticed it's FS2004!...which makes it even MORE impressive!

Not bad :good: Thats the 3rd really good video Ive seen recently - one being this of course:

I hope I can fly the A-10 module for DCS BLACK SHARK. That's the main reason I bought Black Shark. Flying the helicopter was a bit too hard for my disability even on easy FM (The rest were on realistic). If I can't fly the A-10, I'll invest time to make it work until TK puts a lockable A/G radar in his sims.

Falcon

I can't imagine why not. Unlike a helo, you can likely mostly ignore the rudders and throttle in the A-10 during most flight regimes and focus on pitch and roll.

As far as I can tell, A-10C is going to be a separate game, just like FC2 was, based on the same code base. The integration with BS will solely be on the MP side, allowing for joint flights. Realistically, you'd never be jumping from a Ka-50 to an A-10 or vice versa, so what's the big deal about just exiting one game and loading the other anyway...

However, apparently while there will be a (mega) patch for BS to bring it up to code-compatability with A-10C, FC2 will not be getting that breaking its MP ability with BS that it currently enjoys.

This will leave you with 3 choices:

Upgrade BS to the A-10 level and forego FC2/BS MP (there will never be A-10C/FC2 MP)

Forego patching BS to maintain the FC2/BS ability and forget joint A-10C MP

Duplicate your BS install, one patched and one not, to let you get both

I can't imagine why not. Unlike a helo, you can likely mostly ignore the rudders and throttle in the A-10 during most flight regimes and focus on pitch and roll.

As far as I can tell, A-10C is going to be a separate game, just like FC2 was, based on the same code base. The integration with BS will solely be on the MP side, allowing for joint flights. Realistically, you'd never be jumping from a Ka-50 to an A-10 or vice versa, so what's the big deal about just exiting one game and loading the other anyway...

However, apparently while there will be a (mega) patch for BS to bring it up to code-compatability with A-10C, FC2 will not be getting that breaking its MP ability with BS that it currently enjoys.

This will leave you with 3 choices:

Upgrade BS to the A-10 level and forego FC2/BS MP (there will never be A-10C/FC2 MP)

Forego patching BS to maintain the FC2/BS ability and forget joint A-10C MP

Duplicate your BS install, one patched and one not, to let you get both

Oh ok, I misunderstood the fact you needed BS for the A-10C. That's good news. Starting next month I'll be saving $ for my next gaming system which will have a DX11 card. The video made me drool :lol:.

Falcon

Don't forget the patch for BS to bring it inline with A-10 should back-port most of those upgrades.

For DX11 right now either the Radeon 5850 or the GTX 460 are the best bets. I bought a 5850 but that was before the 460s were out. If I did it again I might have bought the cheaper-but-about-the-same-speed 460.

Apparently :

Although the team has been working hard on DX11 support, there is still a long way to go and it will not be ready in time for A-10C unfortunately. Work continues though and we hope to have it in the next DCS aircraft.

As can be seen though, even DX9c looks pretty darn good.

This has always been up in the air, and not listed on the A-10C web page for this reason.

So i guess that vids in DX 9 :blink:

Apparently :

Although the team has been working hard on DX11 support, there is still a long way to go and it will not be ready in time for A-10C unfortunately. Work continues though and we hope to have it in the next DCS aircraft.

As can be seen though, even DX9c looks pretty darn good.

This has always been up in the air, and not listed on the A-10C web page for this reason.

So i guess that vids in DX 9 :blink:

:blink: :blink: That's DX9C? Whoa.

Falcon

Well, to be honest other than tesselation and a couple of other things, there's little DX11 has that DX9 didn't. The difference was always efficiency--things would be seen in a DX10/11 title that weren't in DX9 because it would hit the performance too much. However, the Xbox 360 runs basically on DX9, so there's no reason careful programming and choosing of effects can't render almost "DX11-like" effects with just DX9.

Frankly, A-10 has been delayed enough that I'm glad they're not waiting to get DX11 in to release it. A-10 was originally announced as being 9 months after BS. The 2-yr anniversary of BS is almost here! Granted we got the unexpected FC2 in there...