Sign in to follow this  
quack74

"The Battle of Caporetto"

Just to give everyone a heads up, My Italian front campaign "The Battle of Caporetto" is almost done. There wont be any "StratigicNodes" for ground forces only because the front on the map doesnt move. And there are limited airfields. So I placed many ground objects all around the map for you. All the infantry for both sides will be engaged at the front. But it's a very active campaign. Lots of bombers and fighters with custom skins. Dozens of them. It's quite awsome actually. All new Hangar Screens and Loading Screens for every usable aircraft. All new mission descriptions for every nationality and aircraft you choose. The campaign will start on October 24, 1917. If you live long enough, the RFC will join in around November 1, 1917 with Camel squadrons. If you live even longer, new heavy bombers will join the fight like the Gotha GIV in early December. If you use Jan Tuma's terrain upgrade, the seasonal changes are beautiful. I highly recommend it. I'm going to include my mix of effects and sky mods for you. You dont have to use them ofcourse.

You will need to install my new "NATIONS.INI" into your Flight folder. It doesnt change much of the stock markings but it will create the new crosses without the white boarders for the Austrian aircraft and new Italian markings aswell. I'll include all the INSIGNIA, FUSE, and TAIL decals that are needed. I'll pretty much give you all you'll need accept for the aircraft .LOD files. These I cant repost. You'll need to obtain the originals from the proper sites. I've included a readme on the matter. But most aircraft folders will have most of the needed files. Hope you all enjoy it. I personally love playing it. It creates a whole new front of WWI that no sim has done yet that I know of. It just will be a little tricky for some I think to install. But thats what this forum and PM's are for right? I'll be glad to help.

Now I need a couple of Guinea pigs to try it out:blink: Any takers?:dntknw:

Edited by quack74

Sure -

I love to fumble with works of art.

Edited by sinbad

Sure -

I love to fumble with works of art.

Well it's all yours then Sinbad. Let me finish up a few things and package it all up. It's a doosy:grin:

I just added a few more flyables. The GothaGIV for December and the DFWC5 for attack missions with an Austrian skin

Here are some HangarScreens and some LoadingScreens:

It looks awesome! :good:

I would like to give it a try.

Does it work for FE2?

It looks awesome! :good:

I would like to give it a try.

Does it work for FE2?

It is made for FE2. It will be released in about a week. Need more testing first.

Thanks a lot quack74!

I have FE2 for quite a while, but never got really into it because of RoF, (Rise of Flight)...

I'm eager to revisit it just for this Campaign.

:drinks:

I've been trying to package this thing. But It's a really big file even when zipped. Zipped it comes to over 845MB. I can only have a file of 500MB for posting in the download section. So this might have to be done in two or three different downloads. The aircraft folder is the big one. Alone it's 800MB. So I need to mess with my folders and what will be put where. I'm getting there though:blink:

I need a couple more takers for Beta testing. Keep in mind this is all set up for FE2. The folders structure I've included is that of FE2. But the campaign will work with FEG if you know how to place files in the right locations. There are two files to download only because of the file size. I've posted them at rapidshare.com. If you're interested I'll send you the links. All info is in the readme files. So.....anyone?

Quack, if you save the screens as .JPG they'll be a lot shorter than .BMP, if you not already did this. When packing, you could make packs like "Objects", "Screens", "Terrain" and so on. Actually I wish that the terrain will come in a single package, as I'm using the old FE1 and like to place the new terrain on it. Thanks!! :drinks:

Well I've pretty much done all I could with this campaign. I think I'm just going to post it and suffer the consequences later:grin: . This forum will blow up from all the questions I'm sure. Well I'll do my best to get it to work for everyone. I'll post it this weekend.