Sign in to follow this  
malibu43

3rd party CV-59 Class carriers...?

I'm working on a simple mod that adds a carrier to SF2 and places USN and USMC units on that carrier in the stock campaigns. I need a 3rd party carrier that will work from '59 to '75. The only one I've found is this one:

http://combatace.com...class-repaints/

Are there any others available out there? If not, the ones linked above will work fine.

Thanks,

Gregg

Edited by malibu43

The only place I can find it is at caps site. I looked at beers old dl directory, but it isn't there.

Why can't we say ***** with out it being bleeped out?

Found it. You are going to have to reorganize it and bring it up to standards.

http://retrorelics.net/jim/FilesDL/TF-58.zip

Edited by suhsjake

A quick job combining all the paints of the Forrestal Class is attached (not tested, credits go to beer and Cylix). Unfortunately, as stated above, you can only get the Midway Class from cplengineering.

GL

CV59.7z

Edited by suhsjake

A quick job combining all the paints of the Forrestal Class is attached (not tested, credits go to beer and Cylix). Unfortunately, as stated above, you can only get the Midway Class from cplengineering.

GL

Thanks!

I don't think the creators are around anymore... Anyone know if there are issues with including these files in a freeware mod?

Also, it looks like the CV41 in the file you uploaded is the same as the one in the download that I linked. Is the that case or is it updated in some way?

Edited by malibu43

You can do your ini edits and realease that, and then in the README, post a link to the file so that you aren't violating their property. Mods, am I correct in this? Should be ok.

-S

from looking at the package (TF-58), and the enclosed readme, it appears CP only did ini work, no 3d work. The lods are all dated 2003 or 2004. It may (that being the operative word) -MAY- not have been reworked by the DAT.

Honestly, I'd hold off on any upload of the complete package, excepting ini mods, until one of our Admins has a chance to examine it. If all the 3d work (lods) are still BigBeers, they should be OK. If not ... well, there ya go!

Although, Storm's suggstion IS the safest bet.

wrench

kevin stein

Shoot. I misread STORM's post and already uploaded the whole thing for download... Looking in the readme here and in the file at *****'s site "Beers" gets credit for "carrier design". I don't know what that means. Anyone know if he would care about the model being used, if he's even the one that made the it?

Maybe one of the Admins should pull it until I get this straightened out. Dave?

Balls.

Edited by malibu43

Its BigBeers, so all is well.

Tried to send you a PM, but it says you can't receive messages...

Ahhhh...that's news to me.....

Ahhhh...that's news to me.....

Yep. Just tried again and a little red box pops up when I try to send the message. This is what it says:

"The member Fubar512 cannot receive any new messages."