Sign in to follow this  
shaungriff

HELP new to all this

please help guys i have just bought strike fighters 1 gold after seeing the falklands mod on here, i have read intallation info but being new to all this and the fact that this thread is now deleted as too old im lost.

do i overwrite the folders in sfg with the ones in the falklands mod ? add to the files already there or does the mod sit in its own folder within sfg i hope you can understand this

many thanks in advance

Okay all you need to do is make sure you have a clean install of SFG and then drop and drag the folders across...

Be aware though that the Falklands mod was designed back in 06 for the 06 patch... so some of the flight models may be... how should I say this... Interesting to say the least.

One of the best mods you can get is NATO IV from Column 5 or the Operation Desert Storm mod from here...

Hope it helps

Moved to a more correct Forum. PLEASE!!!! Do NOT post question in the Knowledge Base! It's for answers only.

----------------

The Falklands Mod was designed for 06 patch level SF/SFG only. It can, with a great amount of work (mostly to all the flight models of ALL the aircraft --expecially the helos), be made to work in 08 level installs.

It's designed for a 'stand alone' install. Meaning: NOTHING but the Falkslands objects (terrain, effects, weapons, aircraft, ships, vehicles, etc) in the game install. Of course, KEEP the desert terrain folder, as that's what is referenced for terrainobjects in the Falklands map.

Instructions for building a 'era specific' install are in the KB above. Follow the instructions in the Falklands

War readme TO THE LETTER!

Before doing ANY kind of modding, I'd seriously reccomend

1) playing the game "as is" to get familiar with the game system, folder structures, etc. And

2) Read all the thread and posts in the Knowledge Base to get a feel for 'how' the game system works.

Then, start asking questions

wrench

kevin stein

1) playing the game "as is" to get familiar with the game system, folder structures, etc. And

2) Read all the thread and posts in the Knowledge Base to get a feel for 'how' the game system works.

wrench

kevin stein

Spot on - what he said

Okay all you need to do is make sure you have a clean install of SFG and then drop and drag the folders across...

Be aware though that the Falklands mod was designed back in 06 for the 06 patch... so some of the flight models may be... how should I say this... Interesting to say the least.

One of the best mods you can get is NATO IV from Column 5 or the Operation Desert Storm mod from here...

Hope it helps

many thanks my friend i'll have a go

Moved to a more correct Forum. PLEASE!!!! Do NOT post question in the Knowledge Base! It's for answers only.

----------------

The Falklands Mod was designed for 06 patch level SF/SFG only. It can, with a great amount of work (mostly to all the flight models of ALL the aircraft --expecially the helos), be made to work in 08 level installs.

It's designed for a 'stand alone' install. Meaning: NOTHING but the Falkslands objects (terrain, effects, weapons, aircraft, ships, vehicles, etc) in the game install. Of course, KEEP the desert terrain folder, as that's what is referenced for terrainobjects in the Falklands map.

Instructions for building a 'era specific' install are in the KB above. Follow the instructions in the Falklands

War readme TO THE LETTER!

wrench

kevin stein

thanks for the advice wrench