Sign in to follow this  
UK_Widowmaker

OT A ring of truth perhaps?

Heaven is where the police are British, the chefs Italian, the mechanics German, the lovers French and it is all organised by the Swiss.

Hell is where the police are German, the chefs British, the mechanics French, the lovers Swiss and it is all organised by the Italians.

:grin:

I thought that's what they call "Europe" ? :dntknw:

I thought that's what they call "Europe" ? :dntknw:

Ah yes..but we aren't a part of Europe in the UK...we just let you guys 'think' we are! :grin:

That was always my suspicion, Widowmaker! :cool:

Well we have to do something to keep an eye on everyone... Even me I have emigrated to keep an eye on the Austrians... I am here on my own and I have them surrounded... :lol:

You merry Blighters from Old Blighty - if you wouldn't already exist, you had to be invented!

As Bill Bryson (Famed American Travel writer said about the English...)

The Americans want to be the biggest at everything

The Japanese the most efficent

The Germans the most Technical

The French the best Chef's

The Italian's the best lovers

The English no-one has a chance because the English don't know what the English want...

Still makes me laugh today...

Well, here is my positive list about the English (and this is a compliment from a German):

1. they know to brew some very good beers, ales and bitters

2. they know how to write, record and perform some excellent rock and pop songs/records

3. they seem to have invented humour, and they spread it in all varieties

4. they have one of the nicest countries, with some of the nicest places on the whole planet

5. they are quite easy to be with, cause they don't mind that you're crazy - they are anyway

6. they have built the most beautiful fighter of WW2 - the Supermarine Spitfire

7. and they can cook (but they hardly ever show it to strangers - I was lucky sometimes)

Well, here is my positive list about the English (and this is a compliment from a German):

2. they know how to write, record and perform some excellent rock and pop songs/records

4. they have one of the nicest countries, with some of the nicest places on the whole planet

5. they are quite easy to be with, cause they don't mind that you're crazy - they are anyway

7. and they can cook (but they hardly ever show it to strangers - I was lucky sometimes)

i heard that the two thinnest books in the world are a british cooking book and the book about italian heroes :lol:

Edited by Creaghorn

Thats really nice!

I think we should make Olham an `Associate` Englishman! :rofl::drinks::good:

Thats really nice!

I think we should make Olham an `Associate` Englishman! :rofl::drinks::good:

Well said Widowmaker old Chap... but it should be Honorary to begin with... surely... needs to have more offical words in there to confuse... :rofl:

And Herr Olham thank you...

An "honorary associate Englishman" - I regard that as a compliment! Cheers, boys! :drinks: