Well first let me start by saying hello to the community of pilots here, I have been away from the sim for a few years. Just got the stock original WOV running and jumped headlong into a campaign. So here is my question your flying along at 25,000ft when your RWR lights up like a chritmas tree in times square, The Ai are screaming like a group of school children who just got flashed by a 90 year old grandma who forgot to tie up her robe, SAM Launch Sam Launch!! So I have edited my F-4 to carry chaff and flares, and always load up ecm pods when available, but there's so many sams being launched that making a manuver to avoid one may put me right into the path of another, what is a pilot to do. The last two missions after depleting my supply of chaff, and trying to spoof the missiles by switching the ecm on and off I have had to turn tail and run and not completing my mission is not the outcome I was looking for.

When your in Hot, and the Sams are comming up what do you do to survive.

Greetings... For WOV I normally use the A-4 Scooter and my usual trick is low level.

One way to defeat Mr Ho Chi Sam is to point your nose straight down as the SAM is trying to intercept you so it has to aim in front of you if you are pointing straight down from 25000ft it normally cause Mr Ho Chi Sam to hit the ground.

Two when laying Chaff I normally dispense 3 and turn hard it normally defeats Mr Ho Chi Sam. Provided you pull about 6g on the aircraft it will normally defeat an SA-2 but you have to see it first. Once you have visual and its fairly close in turn hard...

There are also other threads on here on SAM Avoidance...

Also there this link shows how to Evade the Dreaded SA-10 its a short download...

http://562.50megs.com/562nd/index.htm

I dont know how it is in the SF1 series but in the SF2 series when you get a RED message saying SAM Launch that means it is directed at you. What i do next is press the R key wich targets the latest radio contact and that way i can padlock towards the missile and easier avoid it since i am aware from where it is comming.

I dont know how it is in the SF1 series but in the SF2 series when you get a RED message saying SAM Launch that means it is directed at you. What i do next is press the R key wich targets the latest radio contact and that way i can padlock towards the missile and easier avoid it since i am aware from where it is comming.

Very true but I generally fly Dead is Dead and don't use this option... Though there have been times when I have been tempted...

Very true but I generally fly Dead is Dead and don't use this option... Though there have been times when I have been tempted...

Is that a personal rule for you? I dont recall that beeing one of the rules for the DiD campaigns.

Is that a personal rule for you? I dont recall that beeing one of the rules for the DiD campaigns.

Personal Rule... I like a Challenge... normally though in my strike sorties I normally have Harm's or Shrikes mounted to deal with persistant SAM Sites...

Personal Rule... I like a Challenge... normally though in my strike sorties I normally have Harm's or Shrikes mounted to deal with persistant SAM Sites...

Sweet! You must be flying with TrackIR then. I find it impossible to find my target without the red little box :dntknw:

Well first let me start by saying hello to the community of pilots here, I have been away from the sim for a few years. Just got the stock original WOV running and jumped headlong into a campaign. So here is my question your flying along at 25,000ft when your RWR lights up like a chritmas tree in times square, The Ai are screaming like a group of school children who just got flashed by a 90 year old grandma who forgot to tie up her robe, SAM Launch Sam Launch!! So I have edited my F-4 to carry chaff and flares, and always load up ecm pods when available, but there's so many sams being launched that making a manuver to avoid one may put me right into the path of another, what is a pilot to do. The last two missions after depleting my supply of chaff, and trying to spoof the missiles by switching the ecm on and off I have had to turn tail and run and not completing my mission is not the outcome I was looking for.

When your in Hot, and the Sams are comming up what do you do to survive.

Some good tactics to read about http://combatace.com...c/8787-tactics/ not directly related to your question but some really great thought (cheers Dave :drinks: ) on how to improve your game.

And this http://combatace.com...854#entry198854

Lt. Cater always seems to raise the bar up a little higher when it comes to immersion in the game........also you can learn quite a bit about tactics by read through the Double D thread.....all 29 pages!! :yikes:

Edited by romflyer