Sign in to follow this  
tn_prvteye

AI ground attack question

Does the AI still only use bombs for terrain ground targets (i.e. Hangars)? I can't seem to get them to engage with missiles of any type.

do you load missles on pre mission? i don't know which they would use first a mix were loaded but if you want them to stand off and live them load missles only for you AI guys.

They defo use Mavericks in SF2 - order them to engage about 5 miles out.

As far as I know even in SF2, AI of your flight will engage with guided weapons as available. AI of other flgihts won't drop or launh guided weapons, unless doing CAS mission.

It is a design choice of TK

Ah...I was trying to set up an enemy AI flight to launch cruise missiles...that explains why they weren't doing anything.

Thanks, now I can stop pulling my hair out.

Guest HoneyFox

AI with SEAD mission will also fire its ARMs.

but other guided missiles... well... you mean EOGR/CGR/LGR right? may be they cannot be fired unless in CAS.

True, ARMs will be fired from sead, and AI flights will use EOGR, CGR, LGR, only in CAS mission

This thing prevents the creation of many interesting scenarios, such as the one you described with AI flights launching cruise missiles.

It is known to the community and has been discussed until I was blue in the face.

It is a choice of TK, and apparently bothers some members of the community mre than others.

I totally agree with Canadair,and issue this has been driving me nuts for years. This "Design choice" effectively limits the creativity and enjoyment of the player, it's a bad idea. The desert storm mod that had to rely on dumb versions of smart bombs in order to be playable is a great example of how this bad idea hampered creativity.