Sign in to follow this  
SDirickson

Falcon 4.0 and X-Plane?

"Q: Is this another Falcon, or based on Falcon code?

A: No, this is a new development. All code used has been/will be developed or purchased by G2I and GenAvSims specifically for this project including the X-Plane engine which is being used as the code base for Fighter Ops. The lessons learned from years of work on the falcon code will enable us the opportunity to design a new simulator free of all the limitations inherent in the 6 year old falcon code. "

Straight from the FAQ at fighterops.com

Definately enough to spark my interest.

I had missed the X-Plane tie-in, that does sound interesting.

When I saw the screenshots, they looked really familiar, and it wasn't until I saw the tie-in to X-Plane that I realized it. The terrain textures and some of the aircraft models look to be taken straight from X-Plane.

Seems like, from the start, one of the primary complaints with F4 was the "riding on rails" feeling of the flightmodel. With X-Plane, you're definately not gonna have that anymore.