Sign in to follow this  
Dave

Bonus Content WIth for Exp 1 when Getting Exp 2 Thoughts

I have concluded it has to be a pit.

Why?

1. It isn't a new plane because you are required to have Exp 1 to get it.

2. It could be a new campaign, but that doesn't strike me as something TK would do.

3. I think its a pit for the Vampire, the Spit.

Thoughts?

as Exp Pack 2 is european based i was thinkin skins for the Viper and maybe Meteor, P-51 and Spitfires. think this would be easier for him to do than a pit.

Mig Pit? :dntknw: Don't think it'll be a bomber pit (aka: RAF Canberra). The Lightning(s) are already seem flyable as per DanW's mission builder screenies...

we shall just have to wait and see....

wrench

kevin stein

we could wait and see but that would be totally boring. instead we shall follow our fearless leaders example and speculate.

Bonus could be a flyable from XP2 integrated into other titles. I think TK mentioned export Lightnings for SF2_ at one time.

It will be Saudi and Kuweiti Lightning versions, or similar stuff ... TK posted that on facebook or his forum ..

A pit would cost waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much to be extra content

But how is that bonus content for Exp 1? I think it's something else.

Bonus content for XP1 could be Hunters.

Maybe F-100C will go to Nam?

You know with all this I am now going to have to do a merged install...

hmmm as to the new content maybe its a Hovercraft...

Seriously it could be a Red Air campaign with pits for the migs ???

Migs? no. Saudi lightnings and the F-100C for vietnam and dhimar/paran are far more likely.

It probably goes both ways too, we may see the mystere flyable for the french in europe, maybe even the meteor too. Or TK might do like Dave & co already did and put the british/french into the stock Suez campaign.

IIRC, stock Meteor already has RAF camo and even the Australian one *nudge nudge*. Most of XP1 planes are Europe-ready actually.

Also, any idea on what the scenario for XP2 may be?

I'm guessing the Suez crisis becomes full blown war as Russia intervenes on Egypt's side. (Which also could be part of the bonus for XP1, with an after the suez crisis campaign with russian and American planes) And thus becoming the first time we have two fronts of a connected war from TK.

Another posibility could be a 53-54+ european campaign based off of Korea expanding, which could use the meteor, F-84, Mystere, hunters and F-100C later on(or an A that might be in there also if the visual/performance differences aren't too great)

Between the mission editor, lightnings, hunters and Yak all in one addon, you never know what we could get, TK seems to be going all out for this one.

And they make for interesting scenarios to create as mods once XP2 is out.

Edited by eraser_tr

as Exp Pack 2 is european based i was thinkin skins for the Viper and maybe Meteor, P-51 and Spitfires. think this would be easier for him to do than a pit.

TK has said no to USAF viper skins on his forums - so you are stuck with mine I'm afraid.

But how is that bonus content for Exp 1? I think it's something else.

Exactly, if the bonus requires EXP1 then it has to be in some way related to stuff from EXP1.

Thus it can only be:

-skins & campaigns

-cockpit

Considering how TK avoids releasing any templates since WOI it might as well be skins and a campain...who knows...

Edited by Brain32

Right need to speculate something......it could be gameplay related...

Maybe the Mission editor will work properly with Exp2 :lol:

anyway as a bonus:

1. New F-104s with pits in Exp2

2. Other Russian targets (sorry bombers) - Su-17?? , Tu-95

3. A wider ground target selection on the dynamic missions

4. Ability to select weapons for whole flight.

I think you are all thinking too broad. He said you have to Exp 1 to ge tthe bonus, so you need to think narrower, and something that Exp 1 has in it. Like Brain has said too.

Kuwait and Saudi skins for the Lightning as a bonus? No because they arent in Exp 1. That scenario for Exp 2 is perfect for the Vampire to be in there. So I think he made a pit for it that can be used in Exp 1. Same goes for the Spit but I am thinking Vampire.

(Blue sky thinking)

A MiG-15 pit (also usable for MiG-17) to begin to access a wider worldwide market.

Well, either that or a mahogany cup holder.

Well, either that or a mahogany cup holder.

And lords knows we have only been asking for that for years!!!! :lol:

And here I was hopeing for something akin to what we had in Fighters' Anthology (ie: the Atomic Moth and Quetzelcoatalus)

Maybe The Giant Claw??? :rofl: (google it)

This game needs more monsters!!!

wrench

kevin stein

Edited by Wrench

I think skins for SF2E versions of aircrafts included in Exp 1 is most likely... Since you only get the birds included in Exp 1 if you buy Exp 1.. Don't think that the aircrafts in Exp 2-x will ever include the Meteor, P-51D or any other aircraft from Exp 1..

And here I was hopeing for something akin to what we had in Fighters' Anthology (ie: the Atomic Moth and Quetzelcoatalus)

Maybe The Giant Claw??? :rofl: (google it)

This game needs more monsters!!!

wrench

kevin stein

:lol:

I think skins for SF2E versions of aircrafts included in Exp 1 is most likely... Since you only get the birds included in Exp 1 if you buy Exp 1.. Don't think that the aircrafts in Exp 2-x will ever include the Meteor, P-51D or any other aircraft from Exp 1..

Yep Id go with that and a pit for some of the Vampires - got to be something else though - I'm hoping for a surprise - a new C-47 pit :blink:

I was thinking something that comes with Exp 2 would be integrated into Exp 1, such as a flyable from Exp 2 being put into the campaign for Exp 1 with appropriate skins for the different region. That's the only thing that makes economic sense to me. The Saudi Lightning makes perfect sense in that regard. Exp 2 adds a flyable Lightning for Europe, but if you have Exp 1 you'll be able to fly it in the Israel map with Saudi skins.

As has been noted many times here over the years, cockpits are more labor-intensive than the rest of the airplane, which is why TK gives us more AI planes than we can fly because he doesn't want to spend on those cockpits.

Don't forget his "Exp 1 didn't sell as well as we thought it would" statement...I can't imagine he'd make the money back if he put something that pricey in that would only benefit the smaller (than hoped) number of people who bought Exp1 and then Exp 2.

Actually a pit(making that another flyable) might help the sales of EXP1, a skin and a campain...I doubt it would...

I would think that would be a patch/rerelease situation. "Exp 1 now has plane X made flyable with pit, patch available for current owners, so if you haven't picked it up yet, now's a great time!"

Similar to how Rise of Flight did their ICE rerelease lately with the same price point but now more planes included stock.

To put a pit in Exp 2 that only helps those who also bought Exp 1 just doesn't strike me as something TK would do. One thing you can say about TK, he knows how to run a niche business successfully.