Sign in to follow this  
appraiserfl

Dual 1080p projectors with massive Candy!

Here is my Work In Progress, using an Asus Eyefinity 6 card. I am running three Dell U2410s and two 1080p projectors. Note that the third monitor is not on because I am waiting for the DP adapter to arrive. Also, this is an extreme work in progress as I am going to make a custom screen for the projectors. I have not even hung the projectors yet and have a lot of work to do in terms of aligning the projectors, calibrating the projectors, mounting the custom screen, etc., so this is an extreme work in progress.

Sorry for the crappy pics, I took these during the day so the screen is a bit washed out and the picture is unfocused too. The picture will look better once the custom screen is built, right now I am toying with different types of blend software for the projectors. Anyway here is the rough, rough, rough version of my gaming system.

2010-09-25131525.jpg

2010-09-25131501.jpg

Very nice!

By the time you're done it'll be almost life sized.

Thanks! Yea its just about life size, here is a video showing how it looks from the cockpit!

Potential there for an excellent system. But, looking at the video, do you really fly that far back in the plane?

IMHO gives a peculiar distortion, and also you have to have arms like an Orangutan - lol. Looks like a FOV adjustment is needed.

I had a look at an HD projector, but decided the diff between it and my projector couldn't justify the money. I was surprised to find my XGA projector would run the sim at 1920 x1080. I'll wait till the graphics card gives a HDMI outlet

Mind you, my advice to anyone buying a PJ would be to get a 1080p HD one. The quality is very good.

Maybe , like me, you find that having flown OFF using a projector, there's no going back to a monitor! :grin:

and how bout those water reflections....never seen those......looks way cool.....maybe that's the apotheosis of all sliders on 5 and a projection screen that holds the detail.......good for you.......looks like a lot of fun

I don't belive that's OFF, gaw. Reflection of clouds in the water and the map in the lower left are two other fieatures you won't find here. Guessing Knights of the Sky or Rise of Flight.

I don't belive that's OFF, gaw. Reflection of clouds in the water and the map in the lower left are two other fieatures you won't find here. Guessing Knights of the Sky or Rise of Flight.

I'm guessing Rise of Flight because the video title is "Two 1080p projectors, Eyefinity & Rise of Flight". But of course, that's just a guess. :grin:

Edited by NS13Jarhead

IMHO gives a peculiar distortion... Looks like a FOV adjustment is needed.

I noticed that too...a definate fisheye effect. Hmmm, given that, it seems to me this might work nicely with some kind of curved semi-wrap-around screen...use the fisheye effect to advantage perhaps?

There are times when I wish my check book was much, much bigger.

Very cool, appraiserfl.

thats very nice. love ur new system.

morris

:drinks:

Thanks for the kind words everyone! I will be sure and update you all when I have the final version setup....AND I WILL HAVE OFF ON THE SCREEN WHEN I DO!!!

I noticed that too...a definate fisheye effect. Hmmm, given that, it seems to me this might work nicely with some kind of curved semi-wrap-around screen...use the fisheye effect to advantage perhaps?

You are seeing the paradox brought on by a 720p camera which is trying to capture a 3840x1080 screen. I can assure you there is no fisheye when you are sitting in front of it all!

I'm guessing Rise of Flight because the video title is "Two 1080p projectors, Eyefinity & Rise of Flight". But of course, that's just a guess. :grin:

I can only say....d'oh!!!

Still looking phantastic blown up!

And ditto about the checkbook, Lou.

The crates are so big now, the next step would be, that you get yourself a ladder and try to climb into them, appraiserfl.