Sign in to follow this  
Hellshade

Nvidia 260.63 BETA drivers out

I downloaded and installed the new Nvidia BETA 260.63 drivers for Windows 7 64 bit and have been running them most of the day. It seems to me to give a slight performance boost but also the texture quality and rendering appears to be crisper and cleaner as well. They have a new installer too that saves your current nvidia settings and applies them to the new drivers. So just install them right over the top of your old ones if you feel like giving them a try. Unfortunately they still have not fixed the rear view mirror issue. Still, to me at least they seem rock steady and improve on both performance and quality. Thought I'd pass the info along.

Here's the link to the Windows 7 - 64 bit version.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7-winvista-64bit-260.63-beta-driver.html

Hellshade

I downloaded and installed the new Nvidia BETA 260.63 drivers for Windows 7 64 bit and have been running them most of the day. It seems to me to give a slight performance boost but also the texture quality and rendering appears to be crisper and cleaner as well. They have a new installer too that saves your current nvidia settings and applies them to the new drivers. So just install them right over the top of your old ones if you feel like giving them a try. Unfortunately they still have not fixed the rear view mirror issue. Still, to me at least they seem rock steady and improve on both performance and quality. Thought I'd pass the info along.

Here's the link to the Windows 7 - 64 bit version.

http://www.nvidia.co...eta-driver.html

Hellshade

Thanks will give them a go - pity about the on going reflection issue on Win7.

This is as I understand it, only a problem on Win7? - Can others confirm?

WM

Thanks will give them a go - pity about the on going reflection issue on Win7.

This is as I understand it, only a problem on Win7? - Can others confirm?

WM

The lack of a reflection in the rear view mirror? I have the same problem with Vista 32, but I do run 2 nVidia GTX280s in SLI.

Perhaps this is an nVidia problem rather than the operating system?

Vasco :pilotfly:

Vasco, it's not an nVidia problem. I've been running a GTX 9800+ with WIndows XP Pro 64 bit for quite some time and have always had the mirror reflections.

I of course lost the reflections when I went to Windows 7, but it is not that big a deal. I was concerned about the mirrors being a flat gray disk but they aren't they just look like an old GI tin shaving mirror that isn't pointed at anything. Besides, the reflection really wasn't of anything in particular and you couldn't see anything behind you, also it didn't necessarily give a reflection of what was really happening back there, ie, you would see nice green ground on a snowy day.

Beard

Edited by Burning Beard

These BETA drivers seem to be working very well for me. Anyone else been using them?

Hellshade