Sign in to follow this  
Geary

How does one join a "Group" and...

Hi All,

I'm a bit confused on the Banner Labels beneath member's avatars and and the "Group" category beneath the banner labels.

I've been assigned the Banner Labels of "Member" and "Choice." (My 'member' hasn't apparently been 'choice' for years, ...if you don't count the overly friendly young women I met one night on some back streets in Korea... But I digress...)

How did I attain these labels? How can I change them? What are, if any, my choices?

Also, how does one join a 'Group'? What groups are available? I've seen 'Military Veteran' as a group. Is this a real or virtual group?

Any help clearing this up is appreciated.

Geary

You get into different groups based on post count, paid membership status (which you are now) if you have made mods and if you were in the military or currently are in the military.

Dave,

Thanks for the explanations.

I was in the military. Who, what, when, where, how do I join the military veterans' group?

Geary

If you could PM please I can explain the process.

Changing from a paid member to a non-paid member will result in a downgrade of your account. You may want to wait until you roll off your subscription to change groups. After you've changed if you want to re-up your subscription then it's no problem the system will understand upgrades but at this time it doesn't understand downgrades. FYI but whatever you decide is fine we can sort the mess out later just be advised there may be some adverse affects to changing while in a subscription plan.

E

As to your original question regarding tags.

There are two general types of tags; staff and member. Under each of those types there are sub-types which indicate an involvement in our community. Shown below in top / down.

- Premier Member (Subscription)

- Prime Member (Subscription)

- Choice Member (Subscription)

- Modder (Involvement Status)

- Military Veteran (Thank you benefit qualified applicants only)

- Elite Member (Post count perk)

- Senior Member (Post count perk)

- Valued Member (Post count perk)

- Junior Member (Post count perk)

- New Member (Post count perk)

STAFF

- Owner

- Founder

- Admin

- WC Admin

- WC Controller

Erik,

Thanks for the explanations and category listings.

Can you please tell me how to upgrade my subscription?

I can find a link to renew my current subscription, but can't find the link to upgrade it.

Thanks for your help.

Geary

Upgrades can't be done until your current subscription expires then you can elect an upgrade. Renewals aren't allowed unless you're in the renewal period which is 48 hours prior to expiration. I think that's what you're asking.

I've always wondered abou the the Grope Tags, too. But was too embarrased to ask! :unsure:

thanks for the explinations!!

wrench

kevin stein

If I remembered half the stuff I'm sure I haven't explained my head would explode. It's good to relieve the pressure a few kilobytes at a time.

:umnik:

What I like to know is how to achieve t those cool little titles underneath the avatar. I thought at first it was restricted to only the staff, but I've seen site members having them too as well. :dntknw:

Some have, some have not IIRC.

What's the Criteria?

It's very subjective and AFAIK Dave is usually the determining authority. :grin:

General rule of thumb, though, is if someone makes a single skin or modifies an existing one (or some) in some way that doesn't count.

If you're someone like Sundowner who's made literally dozens of great quality skins over the years, that does.

Basically, just because you made a skin you're not automatically a "modder." However, even if skins is all you've done (no terrain, planes, objects, etc) you're not automatically going to be disqualified if it's agreed the contribution is significant (not necessarily in quantity, but quality).

To be honest, we've fallen behind lately when it comes to awarding people "modder" status. Feel free to nominate any you see that you feel are worthy and when he gets a chance Dave will say "yea" or "nay", for he doth be the one that controlleth the appellations of the members...mostly. :biggrin:

Upgrades can't be done until your current subscription expires then you can elect an upgrade. Renewals aren't allowed unless you're in the renewal period which is 48 hours prior to expiration. I think that's what you're asking.

Erik, or any Admin,

My subscription is expired and I would like to upgrade it.

I can't find a link to do this.

I only have the link to renew the expired subscription.

Help, please?

Thanks,

Geary

The subscription system isn't very advanced. I apologize for that.

Subscriptions can be purchased and renewed. Those are the two options available. By upgrading I meant in comparison to the list I provided above. Sorry for the confusion.

Erik