Sign in to follow this  
Dave

Speaking of Helo's in SF2

Has anyone fixed the old payware (YAP) helos to work in SF2? Like the sink in the ramp and the slow moving rotors problems?

If i remember correct, Volker (ravenclaw_007) has made a CH-53G mod for personal use from the YAP Stallion. And i believe he had posted SF2 screens somewhere with that. Maybe ask him, if he fixed the problems.

i don't know about YAP but with certain other helos i had to drastically reduce the rotor diameter to get them to rotate at a proper speed. now they make great targets(red side) and traffic(blue side) for GermanyCE. sink in the ramlp wouldnt that be reducing the landing gear wheel diameter or are you askin somethin completely different?

I will try the rotor diameter thing. I have no clue on the skids though if its a wheel diameter fix or not.

oooooh on skids. as to rotor diameter i've been dealin mostly in Mil helos and some european ones. the diameters are usually 17-18 and i had to reduce em to around 7-8. of course results may vary. at least marcfighters Mil-8 works fine in Gen2. even kept the UN skin after bein buzzed by one on the perimeter road in kandahar!

do the landing skids have a rolling radius listed? If so, just start 'raising' it (like all Gen1s to Gens2 need)

If somebody could post a screenie of 'how far sunk', and the section of the data ini, I can make edumacated guesstimate of how much to raise it

wrench

kevin stein

Well the rotors are ok. Need to tweak a bit more I think. But the skids I cant seem to fix.

img00121.JPG

Well the rotors are ok. Need to tweak a bit more I think. But the skids I cant seem to fix.

Dave,

I vaguely remember something about fake (invisible) wheels being used on the uh-1's and a fake wheel mounted on a tail stinger used to keep the tail of the bird out of the tarmac. It would be great if we were able to get these birds working with the new patch level.

edit- I played with the shock stroke and rolling radius parameters and that lifted the bird out of the tarmac... however it now floats a bit- sending you PM now.

Edited by Icarus999

betchya there's more than one statement for those skids ... maybe a fore and aft mesh split???? :dntknw:

wrench

kevin stein

i had same issue with the original SA341 Gazelle. did that until power was applied then boom! the new version in the SF2 download section works like a charm tho. maybe look at the two and see whats goin on.

PR

I can send you the data.ini's with the fixes. My only big recommendation is to start in the air though due to the sinking ground issue. Other than that they fly ok and weps etc is no problem. Going to use the hell out of them with the mission editor.

I kind of gave up on them. They work good from an airborne start and fly well but dont count on them for ground objects etc. The FM requires a major rewrite.

I have "fixed" all my YAP2 choppers in SF2V and they fly just as well if not better than in WOV (using the "Normal" FM setting).

The only things I had to do was:

1. set all the main rotor lengths to "0.0" so they all rotate.

2. slightly adjust the landing gear so they all set level (i.e. shock, damper & spring rates)

3. adjust some of the UH-1's rear rotors so they show up all they was through thier speed cycles.

:good::drinks::clapping:

Now I'm working on converting my WOV YAP2 to SF2V YAP2.

Edited by Panama Red

Another question, how does one get the blades to look like they are spinning faster? I still havent got the sinking in the tarmac issue fixed. I am sure its ini edits but beyond me. I'm a mere skinner and decaler. Im making decals and number.lst for all the choppers so there isnt same one number on certain helos. Going to do a Seawolves series first.

The way the sim handles skids is problematic I've noticed when aircraft are parked.

Invisible 'wheels' is a good option. I have some other thoughts, but I haven't tried them yet.

FC

Another question, how does one get the blades to look like they are spinning faster? I still havent got the sinking in the tarmac issue fixed. I am sure its ini edits but beyond me. I'm a mere skinner and decaler. Im making decals and number.lst for all the choppers so there isnt same one number on certain helos. Going to do a Seawolves series first.

To give the "illusion" of spinning faster one would have to edit the model or link an external .lod of an opaque streak (like I have on Osprey) where I combine both the 3-d blade with the opaque streak to give illusion of motion blur...

That's my solution... I'm sure someone smarter than me has a better solution! :drinks:

If you mean you want the actual blades spinning faster, you just have to bump up the RPM value in the engine section of the _DATA.ini.

Dels