Sign in to follow this  
tacoscent

Please tell me what is wrong with the F15!

Hi guys. I had a similar problem with it last time i play this. Now its happening again. As soon as the F15 gets passed mach 2.2 or so, the plane starts to bank downward. It even overpowers when I full counter it by going upwards instead once it hits mach 2.5.

This has to be the dumbest thing I have ever seen. Why are all the F15s doing this. I play Wings Over Isreal with simulation on normal. Could someone please test this out. I am in between 10000 meters and 15000 when it does this.

Edit- Added note, please not mention anything like flaps, I am not an idiot and they are not set to take off or landing. Also the plane does this even with no ordanance.

Edited by tacoscent

Guest HoneyFox

Just my guess:

In high mach, the downward pitch-moment generated by your wings due to larger negative XAC will make your plane harder to pitch up.

When your speed is ultra high and the XAC shifts backwards for really a long distance, the downward pitch moment generated may become bigger than the upward pitch moment your elevator can generate. In this case, you cannot make your plane pitch up.

This has to be the dumbest thing I have ever seen. ...

Then you need to get out more.

And, a quick google search puts the max speed of the F-15 somewhere around 2.5 Mach depending on conditions, variant, loadout/fuel, etc... So you are getting close to what should be the max speed for the aircraft.

Who cares if the flight model for the F-15 isn't completely accurate all the way to the extreme edge of the envelope? I have never had the plane's flight characteristics at Mach 2.0+ have an impact on my enjoyment of the game, since typical gameplay doesn't usually involve screaming around a combat zone at 2.2 mach.

Edited by malibu43

This has to be the dumbest thing I have ever seen.

Well if you don't like the mod, then fix it or delete it...

Mach 2.5 is only in clean conditions possible. No weapons, no drop tanks and at very high altitutes.

The tactical use for that speed is = 0.

Edited by Gepard

Hi guys. I had a similar problem with it last time i play this. Now its happening again. As soon as the F15 gets passed mach 2.2 or so, the plane starts to bank downward. It even overpowers when I full counter it by going upwards instead once it hits mach 2.5.

This has to be the dumbest thing I have ever seen. Why are all the F15s doing this. I play Wings Over Isreal with simulation on normal. Could someone please test this out. I am in between 10000 meters and 15000 when it does this.

Edit- Added note, please not mention anything like flaps, I am not an idiot and they are not set to take off or landing. Also the plane does this even with no ordanance.

What model of the F-15 is this? Is it the stock game one?

How does it behave on hard flight model?

I havent tried max speed in many of the jets so would need to test it (well in SF2I now) - if its stock though TK may give you an answer.

Mach 2.5 is only in clean conditions possible. No weapons, no drop tanks and at very high altitutes.

The tactical use for that speed is = 0.

I had a hell of a great campaign in an F-15 some time back and i didn't get anywhere near mach 2 during all that flying.