Hi Modders!

Could anyone tell me where can i download a nice "Moon.TGA" file? thanks all answers! xD

ooohhh....that just leave open SOOOOOO many possibilities.... (in my head I see that guy in then nose of the A-26)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are 29 differenct tgas for the moon in game. One for each day of it's phases, so you'd need to replace each one.

Extract the FlightData.cat, and you'll see that they are actual B&W photos of the moon, (29 being the 'new' moon, that has no image)

wrench

kevin stein

ooohhh....that just leave open SOOOOOO many possibilities.... (in my head I see that guy in then nose of the A-26)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are 29 differenct tgas for the moon in game. One for each day of it's phases, so you'd need to replace each one.

Extract the FlightData.cat, and you'll see that they are actual B&W photos of the moon, (29 being the 'new' moon, that has no image)

wrench

kevin stein

Thank you very much Wrench... allways is a pleasure to learn from your explanations... keep cool!... xD

Thank you very much Wrench... allways is a pleasure to learn from your explanations... keep cool!... xD

You can change the apparent size of the moon as it appears in game, as well as its luminosity, if that's what you're looking for.

Open up the environmentsystem.ini (assuming that you've already extracted it to your saved games/thirdwire/sf2x/flight folder), and search for the following entry

[Moon]

MoonMaterial=MoonMaterial

MoonSize=13.0 <-------adjust this to change apparent size

MoonMaxLightLevel=0.20 <-----and this to change luminosity

MoonLightColor=0.8463,0.9945,0.9945

OvercastAmbientModifier=1.0

OvercastDirectModifier=0.8

MoonTextureFormat=Moon%03d.tga

NumMoonPhase=29

NewMoonDate=09/22/1968

Edited by Fubar512

I'd like to change it to Jupiter, as seen from Europa ...

or better yet, Yavin IVa (after all, the Rebel base WAS a E-standard planet orbiting a gas giant...)

:rofl:

--------

Don't forget, it's rise and set locations, and apparent orbital path varies with the latitude of the terrain map. There's statements for lat/long that are (or should be) in EVERY terrain's main ini. This also controls what constellations are visible at night.

And yes, they do follow their correct paths

wrench

kevin stein

Edited by Wrench

I'd like to change it to Jupiter, as seen from Europa ...

Surface skimming combat on ice moons. I was working toward that in my old Fortran space sim. It can work here in THE SF. In the real thing (not game), the low gravity allows lots of manuever time for a fuel load, and you can orbit just above the surface, and on these ice moons, orbit speed just above the surface is maybe a few hundred miles per hour.

For the game, terrain height field .bmp can be painted with circles and they would show up 3D in the SF Sun.

Set gee low.

Take out aero effects.

Use harrier type thrusters.

Set day colour to black.

at midnight

the SF Sun