Sign in to follow this  
Olham

A Skinner's delight - WW1 colour profiles CD

Some days ago I received my CD with Bob Pearson's "AIRCRAFT COLOURS & MARKINGS OF THE FIRST WORLD WAR".

As a hobby skinner, I must say, I'm simply overwhelmed by the amount of profiles, and I hope we will get additional planes

with P4, on which I can try to do some of these.

There are countless profiles of the following nations on the disc:

Austria-Hungary

Belgium

Commonwealth

France

Germany

Italy

Japan

Norway

Poland

Russia

Soviet

Switzerland

Turkey

Uruguay

USA

Yugoslavia

I asked Mr. Pearson for his allowance to show some examples here, and he gave it to me. I will not show more of my

favourite Albatros here, because we have most of them in OFF already, but there are lots of them, of course.

Here is one of Jasta 39, flown on the Italian front, in a "barber pole" type of design.

The other is a reconnaissance craft with a camera built in. I have so far only seen the "most important" ones for our

Western Front; I'm sure I will spend hours in there happily, like a "pig in the mud".

If you are interested in the CD, here is Bob Pearson's website:

http://www.cbrnp.com/RNP/CDv2/index.htm

Holy sh*t!!!

Where did you buy it?..I WANT IT NOW!!!!! :yikes:

(Just spotted ya link m8..sorry)

I have skinned that Pup..it was on Google Images...are there any Snipe profiles on it?

Edited by UK_Widowmaker

Widowmaker, you will love it! I know you will!

hee,hee...I have mentioned Bob's CD quite a number of times in these forums over the last year-and-a-half or so, and extolled it's virtues. Even provided the link to his website where it can be purchased. Glad you are finding it useful Olham, and it is a fantastic go-to source for anyone skinning aircraft. But then, I believe I may have mentioned that before.

:grin:

I pride myself in reading all your posts Lou.

Can't think why I overlooked it :dntknw:

Lou, I know you did, and I kept it in mind, until I allowed myself to spend the money on the CD.

I didn't mean to claim this being a new discovery of mine. But since Mr. Pearson gave allowance

for me to post some of the skins, I just wanted to show them here.

So, to put that right: you posted it first - but I added some candy. :grin:

Hey, no worries Olham, it's only really important that the info gets out there. I'm just glad to know you have the CD. It is great! And thanks for the eye candy. :smile:

Don't trouble over it WM, I simply find it funny, and I've done the same thing myself. Repeatedly missed folks pointing to the purple striped dog at the side of the road over and over, and missed the dog too. Then one day, for whatever reason, I suddenly hear someone say, "Hey, did you see that dog?" And BOOM, there he is, all purple and stripey, and me going, "How the Hell long has that dog been there, and why didn't someone tell me about him before? He's really something!"

I know what you mean, Lou. UncleAl also knows this soooo well. He keeps teeling time and time again,

how much information is to be found "in the sticky north of here", but people don't read it. Life can be tough... :grin:

I am interested in this CD, I am thinking of building a 1/4 scale RC model of the SPAD XII/XIII.  Scale documentation is hard to come up with for many different color schemes, I don't like doing a plane that many others have modeled.  On this CD, how many of these airplanes are pictured well enough to build a good model?  I have built a 1/4 scale RC model of Oblt  Erich Lowenhardt's Fokker D VII that came out very nice.  I wish I knew how to post a picture of it.

Thanks

Rich

Edited by jwrich

An easy way to post a picture is to put them in a Photobucket or other file sharing location on line. You can then use the url address for the picture and post it here. That way you do not fill up your space here with graphics and you can use the same url to post to other sites you may visit.

On the Spad XIII, I have some skins posted of the post war Spads flown by the US 94 (Hat in the Ring Squadron). If you download the skins you will get an accurate view of all the surfaces. This of course holds true for all the skins that are in your skin folder. As an added plus you will also get the name of the pilot and squadron.

A good viewer for the skins is Irfanview (just google it), it will open the dds files and you can save them as jpg's if you want.

Beard

jwrich, there are many SPADs, and many with interesting colour designs.

To post a picture, it should best be a Jpeg.

If you start a new post, there is your text window; and below it, there is a little frame for "Attachments";

click on "search" and find the picture on your rig; open it.

Now you only need to click on "Attach this file", and it will be part of your post.

The crazy post-war SPAD XIII from 94th Squadron are on the CD, by the way!