Sign in to follow this  
FalconC45

Hello from Biltmore Estate

HELLO! I'm typing this from my Inn room on the Beautiful Biltmore Estate in Asheville NC. Just got back from dinner off property. So far I'm having a good time with my folks. They are celebrating their 25th anniversary. Well, I hope TK will release EXP2 when I get back from Ohio on the 1st of October! CYA!

Falcon

I was at the Biltmore in the 80s. I wonder how different it is now? Not that I remember it all that well, old vacations tend to blur together over the decades...

I was at the Biltmore in the 80s. I wonder how different it is now? Not that I remember it all that well, old vacations tend to blur together over the decades...

Well, they restored more of the rooms in the third and fourth floors. And they got more places within the property too. I love this place, few hours ago, I went with my mother to just sit outside and soak in the awesome view that the Biltmore Inn has. Right now my folks and my mother's best friend and her hubsand are enjoying shooting clays. I'm in the room, enjoying the quiet and been working on my Godzilla story.

Although the peacocks are gone. They have a little display case in the lobby of the inn which tells the story how they got the animals. Pretty interesting stuff.

Well my folks should be on their way back by now. So I think I'll surf a bit :biggrin:.

Falcon

BTW, I don't know if there any others, but I'm currently sitting at one of the only active military installations that has wild peacocks on it. They're nicer when they're beyond the areas you walk around, not in them.