J. Geils Band

LL Cool J

Darlene Love

Laura Nyro

Donna Summer

Joe Tex

Tom Waits

Chuck Willis

How in the hell does Donna Summer and Neil Diamond get on the ballot over KISS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????

LL Cool J??? Rock? Really?????????????!!!!!!!!!!

Alice Copper Finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm surprised they remembered Donovan. His music has been largely absent from even the oldies channels for like 20 years.

Beasties FTW!

I'm surprised Alice Cooper wasn't in there already. Good to see Bon Jovi there, Richie Sambora deserves recognition.

Who the hell are these people?

I've heard of:

Alice Cooper

Beastie Boys

Neil Diamond

LL Cool J

Donna Summer

Aside from Bon Jovi, but he wasn't in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame already? LL Cool J? What the hell kind of definition of rock are they using? Some of these people are famous, but rock, hardly, and certainly not great or greatest.

Such a sorry group really is a disservice to the real greats, mick jagger, jimmy page, robert plant, paul mccartney, pete townsend jim morrison and all their bandmates.

alice cooper afaik is just another punk metal band, they all sound exactly the same to me. neil diamond and donna summer are pure pop, not rock. Beastie boys are some kindof crossover rap/rock and ll cool j hasn't done music in how long? Now he's just a B list actor on a halfassed spinoff.

I guess you havent listened to much Alice Cooper to make that kind of assesmement. Punk? Not hardly.

this is a particular institutuon, gene already did a statement on that and it seems he have a problem with the organizers of the hall of fame.

How can you not know who the J Geils Band is? Their big hit was all over the airwaves.

"My blood runs cold

My memory has just been sold

My angel is the centerfold

Na na na na-na-na"

Alice Cooper is "just another punk band" in the way that The Beatles were "just another pop group."

Edited by JediMaster

Ok I know who J Giels band is then. Regarding Alice cooper, I realize I'm confusing them with some other band then and really haven't heard them, there's definitely some punk band with alice in the name though.

Neil Flippin Diamond - wtf!! :lol:

Alice Cooper (fine)

Beastie Boys (not fine)

Bon Jovi (fine)

Chic (what?)

Neil Diamond (****)

Donovan (Jason Donovan??)

Dr. John (hmmm)

J. Geils Band (?)

LL Cool J (****)

Darlene Love (Darlene from Rosanne?)

Laura Nyro (No idea - does she have nice ****)

Donna Summer (no way)

Joe Tex (?)

Tom Waits (?)

Chuck Willis (? Bruce Willis brother??)

Neil Flippin Diamond - wtf!! :lol:

Alice Cooper (fine)

Beastie Boys (not fine)

Bon Jovi (fine)

Chic (what?)

Neil Diamond (****)

Donovan (Jason Donovan??)

Dr. John (hmmm)

J. Geils Band (?)

LL Cool J (****)

Darlene Love (Darlene from Rosanne?)

Laura Nyro (No idea - does she have nice ****)

Donna Summer (no way)

Joe Tex (?)

Tom Waits (?)

Chuck Willis (? Bruce Willis brother??)

Donovan had at least three pop/rock hits during the 1960s, "Sunshine Superman", "Mello Yello", and "Atlantis":

The J.Geils Band was more rock-oriented than Bon Jovi, especially during their early days.

Dr.John can be compared to Leon Russell, genre-wise.

Sunshine Superman and Mello Yello are classics I've loved since childhood.

Alice Cooper did such classics as Feed My Frankenstein and School's Out. He was in Wayne's World, when Wayne and Garth see his concert, didn't you catch that...um, 20 yr old film? 20 yrs?!?! :sad:

Sunshine Superman and Mello Yello are classics I've loved since childhood.

Alice Cooper did such classics as Feed My Frankenstein and School's Out. He was in Wayne's World, when Wayne and Garth see his concert, didn't you catch that...um, 20 yr old film? 20 yrs?!?! :sad:

Just 20 years? "School's Out" was released at the time I was graduating from grammer school, June of 1972. Hell, now that was over 38 years ago... :yikes:

See, that's the difference though. You know conceptually that grammar school was long ago. Since I was in late high school, it doesn't seem nearly as long back.

Seems like just recently still, so to realize it's been 20 yrs ago is a shock. Of course, I started dating my wife 15 yrs ago, so...

While Watergate and the moon landings are history to me, the Soviet Union was very real...even though it collapsed right after Wayne's World came out...coincidence?!?! :blink:

Edited by JediMaster

How do you define Rock and Roll??

How do you define Rock and Roll??

Suspect the definition gets broader as they have to come up with a list every year :lol:

Donovan had at least three pop/rock hits during the 1960s, "Sunshine Superman", "Mello Yello", and "Atlantis":

Well Ive defo heard Mellow Yellow :good:

Sunshine Superman was the title, but never sang in the song, only separately with "sunshine" in the first verse and "superman" in the last. It was one of those songs like The Beatles' "Something" that didn't have a real chorus, it was instead the guitar riff.

The first verse is something like "sunshine came softly through my a-window today

Could've tripped out easy a-but I've a-changed my ways

It'll take time, I know it but in a while

You're gonna be mine, I know it, we'll do it in style

'Cause I made my mind up you're going to be mine"

Edited by JediMaster