Sign in to follow this  
macelena

A yacht to make me happy

Our Navy just recieved a new toy...i don´t know what will they do with the STOVL carrier after that, but it is likely to remain in service along with the new LHD.

LHD_Navantia_4.gif

Two more of those ships are to be build for the Australian Navy. Russians got interested, however, we are unlikely to go ahead with the russian in this one.

L-61 Juan Carlos I

Edited by macelena

Looks sweet.

Mac, the link isn't working. Did you paste it right?

Sorry, it should work now. URL was too long, and when abbreviated is took literally, short. Do you use Google Chrome? I do, and had the same trouble

@ Enoc: My dad got some while she was being built, however, it is the other side of the country now. May get some by friends when on exercises

Mi padre le saco unas cuantas cuando lo estaban construyendo, pero ahora esta al otro lado de España. Podria conseguir unas cuantas en cuanto salga de maniobras

Edited by macelena

Good link. This does look neat. I gave up reading post-modern military stuff, but this and Mistral look really interesting. Much catching up to do now. Thanks alot lol!!!

You are welcome. There are things that i don´t like about the ship, but indeed, the view of having two cariers and being able to carry the whole marines expeditionary brigade are awesome

Edited by macelena

We don't really have two carriers I wish we had, but.... That ship is not a real airplane carrier and I don't think it will carry ariplanes (except, perhaps when the "Píncipe de Asturias" is on dry dock for repairs or refit)

Well, it has the ski jump so it's obviously designed to be able to launch Harriers on operational missions. How many it can carry below decks and service properly, I don't know.

Well, it has the ski jump so it's obviously designed to be able to launch Harriers on operational missions. How many it can carry below decks and service properly, I don't know.

It depends on the configuration. When used as an LHD carrying troops, assault helos, LCTs and so on, maybe 4-8, as the US marines do. As a carrier, up to 20 plus the AEW, CSAR and ASW choppers

Edited by macelena