Sign in to follow this  
RAF_Louvert

Here Is Another Immersive Item You Can Create for OFF

Greetings All,

Late last night I was flying a campaign mission with my current pilot, and as I was trying to remember for the umpteenth time just what day of the week it was back in 1916, I had an epiphany, (or maybe it was an apostrophe). Why not make a template in my Paint.NET program so that I could create a calendar for any given month during the Great War and personalize it to the air service I am currently flying for, then I could print it out and keep it handy. I found a nice old calendar to use as a guide and in about an hour had the framework of the template built. Here is a sample to give you an idea of what you could do yourselves.

OFF_Calander_Juli_1916.jpg

You could drop in any art or old ad you might like at the top of the page, and change the dates, month, year, font, and language accordingly. Then print it out and keep it next to your flying rig for easy reference and ambiance. You all get the idea. Have fun.

Cheers!

Lou

If that had been presented by me, Widowmaker would now say: You have too much time on your hands!

But it looks nice, Lou. Only one thing: the Germans shorten the days: Mo. Die. Mi. Do. Fr. Sa. So. (at least today).

Personally, I use this website for the day research:

http://www.genealogi...rvice/w-tag.htm

There must also be English ones.

This day, the 30. September, in 1917 was a Sunday.

Edited by Olham

I have used the same sort of online service for this purpose as you do Olham. My point about having the old calendar hanging on the wall in you flying room is that it is just one more little feature that can serve to "take you back". Thanks for the info on the modern German abbreviations for the months. I had seen an old calender with the forms I have shown, which is why I went with those.

Yes, I thought the shortages might have been different those days.

And surely such a calendar would add to the immersion (although my friends keep saying, that I was already living back then - even without that calendar). :flyer:

What do they know - Mmuahahahahahahaaaaaaa!!!!!! :pilotfly:

Edited by Olham

Lou, do you have the basic calendar without the days and numbers?

It looks great, and I think I'd like to use it, in my 1917 campaigns.

Yes, I do Olham. I'm out on the road now until Saturday night, but I can send it to you then if you like.

Yes, that would be fine. It will transpose my little "cockpit corner" back to 1917.

Olham, I tried to send this to you in a PM, but it says you can't receive any more messages right now. So, I have attached the full-sized blank calendar template here instead, and now you and anyone else who might like it can use it. Enjoy.

OFF_Calendar_Blank.jpg

Cheers!

Lou

Thanks a lot, Lou! Good you reminded me - I forgot I have to clear space in the "Messages" store from time to time.

Lou...you have too much time on your hands m8...we'll have to start calling you Olham! :lol: :lol:

(sorry guys, just kidding!)

If you do so, Copyright Control would only allow an "Olham II". But I prefer him to remain the original RAF_Louvert.

(by the way: did you ever tell us, what that "Louvert" comes from?)