Sign in to follow this  
474th_Fiftycal

Repalceing stock aircraft in a campaign

Hello, it is possible to replace the stock aircraft in a campaign with a third party add on aircraft. I was wanting to replace the stock F4E in the linebackerII campaign with the Mirage factory F4E ARN-101. I have read the KB on edit a campaign but I must of missed something. I have the cat extractor tool and extracted the linebacker II file i tried to edit the squardrons that flew the F4E with the F4E ARN-101 but that did not work thought it seemed to easy. Is it possible to do this or must i make a complete new campaign.

I extracted the linebacker II files All I changed was the aircraft from F4E to F4E ARN 101. I did not put the ini files in the campaign folder they are still in the flight folder where the cat tool extracted them to. So i should over write the ini files located in the campaign folder with the new one correct. Btw thanks for the quick replys.

First, before we move forward, it would be helpful if we made sure you modified the right files. You should have modified LineBackerII_data.ini.

Second, make sure you entered the new aircraft as the folder for the aircraft is named in the objects/aircraft folder.

Third, yes, they need to go in the campaigns folder. If there are files in there already, you should back those up before overwriting.

Edited by malibu43

Thanks for the help, i did edit the linebacker II ini file and renamed the F4E to F4E ARN-101 it is excatly what is in the objects folder for the aircraft. When i started a new campaign it shows the F4E ARN-101 as my aircraft but the loading screen and the aircraft is still the stock F4E.

Thanks for the help, i did edit the linebacker II ini file and renamed the F4E to F4E ARN-101 it is excatly what is in the objects folder for the aircraft. When i started a new campaign it shows the F4E ARN-101 as my aircraft but the loading screen and the aircraft is still the stock F4E.

Did you edit LineBackerII.ini or LineBackerII_data.ini?

As MigBuster and I both stated earlier in the thread, you need to edit the file that ends in *_data.ini as well.

Ok I got it to work I was reading Migbuster's post and followed his link to adding AC in SF2 series. I found that in the campaign2 ini file I edited the squardron and default texture, and now i have the Arn-101 flyable in my linebacker II campaign. I do want to thank you Malibu43, and Migbuster for your help. I am an old ex USAF crew cheif turned wrenches on a few F-4's in my day but i am not very good and computer files and editing things. I do appricate all your help.

I do have one other question regaurding the F-4 ARN-101 from Mirage factory, I have no drop tanks either in my campaign or in single mission, they are available in the stores section of the loadout screen but in the drop downs they are not listed for either wing stations or the centerline. Any advice on how to get them displaying in Game. I am flying the 08 patch of WOV, Brain32 terrain update, and the dirty exhust emmitter all else stock.

I do have one other question regaurding the F-4 ARN-101 from Mirage factory, I have no drop tanks either in my campaign or in single mission, they are available in the stores section of the loadout screen but in the drop downs they are not listed for either wing stations or the centerline. Any advice on how to get them displaying in Game. I am flying the 08 patch of WOV, Brain32 terrain update, and the dirty exhust emmitter all else stock.

Welcome to CA - there a quite a few ex military on here also btw.

Getting to grips with game files etc will take time at first but the right way is to dig in and try things out definately :good:

If the drop tanks appear in the menu only - first open up the F-4ARN_Data.ini (or whatever) and check the correct weapons pylons show the correct model name:

[CenterlineStation]

SystemType=WEAPON_STATION

StationID=5

StationGroupID=6

StationType=EXTERNAL

AttachmentPosition=0.0,0.37,-1.01

AttachmentAngles=0.0,-2.0,0.0

LoadLimit=2050

AllowedWeaponClass=BOMB,LGB,NUC,GP,LP,IFP,DLP,FT,MER,RCN

AttachmentType=USAF,NATO

ModelNodeName=pylon_centerline

PylonMass=31.75

PylonDragArea=0.02

LaunchRailNodeName=

MinExtentPosition=

MaxExtentPosition=

FuelTankName=Tank600_F4 <----model name

To check the model name go to \objects\weapons and open up Weapondata.ini in Notepad (or you can use the Weapons editor)

Do CTRL+F to get a find box - then type in the name IE "Tank600_F4"

You are looking for a TypeName entry like TypeName=Tank300_A6

- see if its there.

If you find it the actual model files for the tank may be missing - check the folder you downloaded and check the tank install instructions again.

If you dont find it then its possible the tanks you installed with the new F-4 have different names - so you will need to find them.

Edited by MigBuster

Thanks Migbuster,The tanks that came with the ARN 101 are different they are named f4370ARN and the centerline is named 610ARN these do not show up in game at all. I went looking for a weapon editor and noticed there was more than one and wasn't sure what version I needed. So for now I just edited the F4 ARN-101 data ini to use the stock F4 tanks. I also have not added any weapons packs couldn't find any documentation anywhere to see if maybe i needed one of those for the tanks.