Sign in to follow this  
ktickner6767

Falcon 4.0 Allied Force plane skins!?

Hi everyone!

I am desperately seeking better looking "skins" for Falcon 4.0 Allied Force. There used to be a fantastic site called "Gamers Tools" that was excellent but, their site is now down. After an exhaustive search I finally found a cool site with some beautiful skins for Falcon 4.0 Allied Force along with many for Free Falcon as well if you are interested. The web site is located here: http://www.janhas.net/.

The only problem is there is NO INSTALLER FOR THESE SKINS! They appear to require some kind of "LOD editor", what ever that is. I spent about 15 minutes trying to figure it out but, through my hands up in frustration and said forget it!

Are there any web sites you guys know of that have some high quality skins for Falcon 4.0 Allied Force that do not require a PHD in computer science to install the skins! Thanks.

once you download the new skins, follow the instructions VERY closely, as for the LODeditor try this http://www.latestdown.com/lod+editor+v5+23+v6+10.html oh yeah, that site has some great skins. be sure to get the reflections and weapons skins also.

Edited by Dagger

Hi everyone!

I am desperately seeking better looking "skins" for Falcon 4.0 Allied Force. There used to be a fantastic site called "Gamers Tools" that was excellent but, their site is now down. After an exhaustive search I finally found a cool site with some beautiful skins for Falcon 4.0 Allied Force along with many for Free Falcon as well if you are interested. The web site is located here: http://www.janhas.net/.

The only problem is there is NO INSTALLER FOR THESE SKINS! They appear to require some kind of "LOD editor", what ever that is. I spent about 15 minutes trying to figure it out but, through my hands up in frustration and said forget it!

Are there any web sites you guys know of that have some high quality skins for Falcon 4.0 Allied Force that do not require a PHD in computer science to install the skins! Thanks.

If no luck with daggers download look in the Falcon 4 AF download section on this site and download the FA-18F/G skin - that comes with the correct LOD editor - then download the FA-18E skin for instuctions on install.

The gamers tools skins need the skin pack installer to install the skins - I have a copy so I guess I could post it here assuming I can get permission from the creator.

I also have several skins for the gamers tools including my fave F-16C skin set from Redbird that I guess could go up.

Thanks guys! I honestly appreciate you replying to my post but, I have had no luck trying to get these skins to work while attempting to use a LOD editor. It dose appear to require a PHD in computer science to get this thing to work! LOL!

I am extremely disappointed that the "http://www.thegamerstools.com/" site is now down and no longer functions. That was one of my favorite sites on the net! Of course I re-installed my operating system a few months ago thinking naively that I could simply return to the site to download their "installer" and skin packs. I guess it was foolish of me to think they would still be around. (Big Sigh!)

I have read and re-read the instructions on this blasted LOD editor and still can not make any since of it. There must be some detailed instructions being left out of the process. For example, where in the world do you place the skin files? Inside the KoreaObj folder inside the game? And if so, do the skins remain in their organized folders or do they need to be loose files inside the KoreaObj folder? I have tried everything I can think of and I keep getting error messages. Why can't I just drag and drop these blasted things in a folder inside the game somewhere and just write over the old graphics with the new ones?!

The game was not designed to be modded its that simple - although you can replace sound files easily like you suggest.

However you DO NOT place the skin files anywhere within the game structure.

Are you reading my FA-18E step by step instructions?? If so Im not sure how you are so lost (PHD/ BSc/GCSE not required). You need to open up the koreaObj.hdr file using LOD editor - all the paths are in the instructions - im not going to write them down again.

Once thats done you find the correct model (there will be more than 1 entry for the same model) etc etc

One thing not on there - on the drop down menu in LOD editor go to Preferences and select LP Database - this will list the model names in English down the left hand side.

Followed the pdf and doesn't make sense to me.

Opened a weapon skin from Jan Has and the number corresponded to a shop in the lod editor.

NFI how to install these skins.

Don't worry.

I've worked it out.

Made sure I adjusted Jan Haas lods to shader number 70 before I saved then put on the textures after.