Sign in to follow this  
rjw

Trackir Problem in OFF

Hi Folks, I could use some help with Trackir. I just installed it the other day and tried it first with CFS3 successfully. I then tried it with OFF successfully.

Today I tried to run OFF and it came up without recognizing Trackir, so I trtied it with CFS3 and it worked fine.

Does anyone know if there is a specific config file that might be corrupted in OFF that I could fix?

I really don't want to re-install OFF fully.

I did try the reset buttons in the maintenance section of the workshop but this didn't work for me.

I also tried a re-install of the pt32superpatch but this also didn't help.

Regards to all;

Rob

<br />Just thinking out loud . . what about the 32G mini patch<br /><br />Trackir is magic . . which is another way of saying . . got me<br /><br />Yes doing a full reinstall is a pain in the butt, but playing without Trackir also stinks<br />
<br /><br /><br />

I uninstalled OFF and then tried the full install and applied superpatch and 32G mini. Results were that trackir now doesn't work in CFS3 or OFF. Tried removing trackir and re-installing to no avail.

I ran trackir and tested head view and it works fine, but it now appears that both sims no longer recognize trackir.

I'm still hoping someone has some idea of what to try next.

Best Regards

Please tell me we're dealing with Trackir 4, because then I'd say look into the profiles Loaded by Trackir itself, I'd say check Default Profile

Trackir 5 is the Blind, Leading the Blind

Yes In using Trackir 4.1 (Build 37). Very sorry for my reference to Trackir 5.

I seem to have resolved my problem in that somehow trackir needed to run in administrator mode. CFS3 is in admin mode. I know I was originally running trackir in admin mode when for installed. I do not recall changing it but somehow admin mode was removed.

All very confusing stuff and as I get older, and my brain gets weaker, I often suffer from FUZZ mode!!!!

Thanks for all the effort.:this:

I just picked up a machine in Windows 7, they tell you the Wise Man is in User Mode to limit the amount of Harm that be done by the NASTIES. What they don't tell you, anything Heavier than answering Email requires you to be in administator mode

I know This Wise Man uses one of those Internet Protection Packages which you pay for on a yearly basis, and stays in administrator mode. Anybody else has any ideas, I'm all ears

I haven't got a clue, uncleal, and Windows 7 was my idea.

I know what your saying though - win 7 doesn't seem to run much older stuff without admin mode, and Trakir 4 isn't that old really.

G'day,

Whilst on the subject of trackIR. I've finally started mucking around with the copy of BH&H that I received in the mail last week. Been rather busy with work. I noted that it doesn't recognise my current trackIR device. The trackIR device that I use is trackIR3 without the vector expansion. Software version 3.13 of this. Does Over Flanders Fields / Combat Flight Simulator 3 recognise this level of trackIR? Or is the vector expansion module also required for the simulation? My existing trackIR3 works with IL2 and Rise of Flight without any problems or concerns. Also on this point, is trackIR5? or the latest Naturalpoint product sufficently better than what I have, to be worth the extra investment in upgrading or is it best just to stick to the purchase of the vector expansion for trackIR3?

I haven't touched upon setting up my Saitek X52 Joystick and pedals as yet, but am assuming that I can create a seperate profile for these to pickup all the flight commands. Thanks for any advice.

Regards,

Vibes.

G'day,

Thanks for your assistance uncleal. Am afraid I'm still trying to get the trackIR to work, but don't think its a problem related to which version I use or whether it has the vector expansion. There seems to be a number or persistent and perenial problems of trackIR (from versions 1 to 4) running with Combat Flight Simulator 3. Just came across an old 12 page post on the Naturalpoint forum on these issues. Anyway, have tried to patch everything up to the latest versions and am still searching for a solution to my problems. Hopefully will eventually sort this out, as having a functional trackIR device is a game breaker in flight sims for me.

Regards,

Vibes

G'day uncleal,

Yes, I certainly agree with your observation and is the same with me in regard to dust collectors. Unfortunately, I've still had no luck in getting my TrackIR3 Pro to run with or even be recognised by OFF or CFS3. Looking at the Natural Point site, I note that TrackIR3 wasn't updated past XP and I'm using a Vista operating system. After much patching, reading, reinstalling and testing, I suspect that CFS3 only recognises TrackIR3 with XP and TrackIR4 or better with the later Vista or Windows 7 operating systems. Anyway, it's been nearly a fortnight, am now moving on and reached that point in our observation in regard to OFF or until I get around to upgrading to a better version of TrackIR. It's replacement is not on my priority list (have other financial things to do over Christmas) right now and my existing TrackIR3 version works flawlessly with ROF and IL2. Also have extensive SEOW Campaign commitments for IL2 and need to honour this with much of my spare flying time. (three hour sorties off Japanese carriers if you get my drift) Guess it can wait awhile. Reading between the lines and with no two seaters, I'd reckon that ROF is at least a year or so away before a quality and comprehensive WW1 campaign is in the offing. Unfortunately only a quick dogfight sim at present. Anyway, thanks for your assistance and will keep you posted of any further developments.

Regards,

Vibes