Sign in to follow this  
Erik

Sukhoi Su-30M2 fighters complete test flights

su-30mkk.jpg

Sukhoi Su-30M2 fighters complete test flights

UPI - 28/09/2010

MOSCOW -- Russia's Sukhoi aeronautical firm has completed its factory flight tests for its multi-role double seater Su-30M2 fighters. The tests occurred at the flight test station of the Komsomolsk-on-Amur aircraft production association named after Yuri Gagarin, Itar-Tass reported Tuesday.

After receiving certification the Su-30M2 will be posted to units of the Russian air force.

Russia's Ministry of Defense signed contracts for four Su-30M2 aircraft at the international aerospace show MAKS-2009. During the air show, the Russian Ministry of Defense also signed contracts for 48 Su-35S fighters and 12 upgraded Su-27SM fighter jets.

The Su-30M2 is an upgraded strike aircraft, based on the Su-30 fighter design. The fighter was designed as a single-seat, twin-engine, long-range, air defense fighter to counter the U.S. F-15 Eagle and NATO fighter aircraft.

The Su-30 aircraft has proven a valuable export. China has purchased about 72 Su-30MKs, Su-30MKK or J-11s, which are now being delivered. A licensed production joint agreement has also been agreed signed by Russia and China under which 250 Su-30MKKs will be constructed by China's Shenyang Aircraft Corp.

UPI

I'm not sure those numbers for the Su-30MKK are quite right. They have roughly 100 MKKs and MKK2s, but it's more of a 3-1 ratio. The news I saw is that they're maybe looking to build something like up to 100 and by which point an MLU or replacement will be available, but nothing near 250. They in the process of building 200 J-11As, but the license is only for 200 (I know they've had a history of unlicensed production)...

It's definitely a good get if they are!

The J-11B is the unlicensed version using indigenous engines IIRC.

now i see how money makes u desperate,ruskies know chinese will copy their designs but give up coz they know at the end of the day money will come from there. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$heat.gif

They know that at the end of the second day the Chinese will email Sukhoi and say "You know, we kinda, um, copied your thing. Could you provide tech support for the copy?".