Sign in to follow this  
FastCargo

Christopher Titus

He's been around a few years, even had a TV series on FOX in the early 2000's.

A clip from his special "Norman Rockwell is Bleeding" (for mature audiences):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP1kKcZtnkQ

His stuff is funny, mostly because he's describing his own family in the process.

"Hey, once you've driven a drunk father to mom's parole hearing, what else is there?"

FC

Me and three friends went to see him right after his TV show was canceled. It wasn't cheap but it was money well spent. The guy is hilarious.

Whew... you scared me there FC. I was on the home page when I saw the subject title (didn't show the sub-title) and was thinking the worse. Yeah, the guy is funny. Used to occasionally watch his show.

I have been a Titus fan for years......

LMAO!

If you haven't heard his other cd's

5TH Annual End of the World Tour and Love is Evol you are missing out!!!

"You better lighten the f*** up because we are goin alot farther than that tonight"

Edited by HrntFixr

One of my favorites. I never miss "Love is Evolution" when is on Comedy Central.

Thanks a lot FC ! Never knew Cpl Hicks did stand up, would occasionally catch his show on FOX.

HrntFxr, hey haven't seen you on this board for a while good to see you around.

Thanks a lot FC ! Never knew Cpl Hicks did stand up, would occasionally catch his show on FOX.

HrntFxr, hey haven't seen you on this board for a while good to see you around.

You are thinking of Michael Biehn who played CPL Hicks.

I love hearing him on the XM. I vaguely remember his show.

His was one of the last sitcoms I watched on TV, I think That 70s Show was the actual final one. The only 30 min comedies I watch now are animated.

Stacy Keach was very good as his father.

You are thinking of Michael Biehn who played CPL Hicks.

My bad ! Thanks for clearing that up.

His was one of the last sitcoms I watched on TV, I think That 70s Show was the actual final one. The only 30 min comedies I watch now are animated.

Stacy Keach was very good as his father.

Stacy Keach was awesome as Ken Titus. In the commentary on the DVDs, Chris Titus mentions to the producers he was a little intimidated playing opposite Keach during Keach's audition...which meant Keach was the perfect choice!

Also, JM, if there is one sitcom that you NEED to watch, its The Big Bang Theory. Its even fairly kid safe. Its hysterical...darn near the only show we try to watch live.

FC

I watched the pilot and wasn't impressed, only had 1 real LOL moment. Did they get better later?

We think so! We don't watch sitcoms as a rule, but we kept hearing about TBBT from more people, and so we started watching the 3rd season as it came on TV. We thought it was so funny we bought the first 2 seasons on DVD.

Here's a great clip:

FC

As a rule.... I don't normally watch American sitcoms (I'm on the other side of the pond), but the The Big Bang Theory is broadcasted over here.

FC's vid reminded me of the scene below, the perfect follow up to his post.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3qB4u-dzgw&NR=1

Comedy has no borders!

Cpt.C

Titus is freakin hilarious! I keep his stuff on my iTouch. During Norman Rockwell there are several times he wants to just break down, especially when he talks about his father never letting his kids go hungry and such, or when he mentions his mother's suicide (some of the crowd doesn't know how to react). I have to respect him for being so open, but then again comedy is his therapy.

As a rule.... I don't normally watch American sitcoms (I'm on the other side of the pond), but the The Big Bang Theory is broadcasted over here.

FC's vid reminded me of the scene below, the perfect follow up to his post.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3qB4u-dzgw&NR=1

Comedy has no borders!

Cpt.C

Try checking out an older series called "Married With Children" About as caustic a comedy as you will ever find.

I watched the first 3/4 or so of MWC's run, it was one of my favorite sitcoms because it broke all the conventions of the time. It paved the way for many later shows, because prior to that you generally got "sappy" sitcoms and only a few could pull that off without being lame. I will say, though, that Fawlty Towers did it 15 yrs earlier but simply failed to break those conventions.