4. 4. Which Tracking device?

• None
    • Free Track
    • TrackIR 3 (original 2 dof)
    • TrackIR 3 (with Vector / 6 dof)
    • TrackIR 4
    • TrackIR 5
  5. 5. How do you control throttle?

After just reading another thread about pedals, I thought: let's have a poll (don't we love polls!).

If you ticked "Other" anywhere, please explain, what you use instead the listed things.

Edited by Olham

Good idea Olham. Perhaps you should add a category for those of us who use levers to control throttle, choke, etc. Also, I picked the TIR4 option but I am using the TIR5 software with TIR4, (not that this would really affect the results of your poll at all).

What is a lever?

I also have bought a TrackIR 4 hardware (and chose that above), but with TIR 5 software, like you. Works fine!

Sorry Olham, I should have said "quadrant". I am likely the only one who set up a retro style throttle lever on the left side of the keyboard.

And by quadrant, I mean something like this:

Saitek_THQ_400px.jpg

Sorry for the confusion.

Okay, thank you; added that.

There you go, and I have redone my vote to reflect your update.

Lou, your throttle would technically be the joystick slider, but I like your set-up. The only reason I haven't copied it is because I can imagine my wife's reaction the first time she used the computer after it's installation. For the censor's sake, I won't repeat it here.

Olham, would you consider modifying your tracker type choices to include Track IR 3 w/Vector (which is what I use)? The basic TIR3 was only 2dof, but could be transformed to 6dof with the Vector adaptor addon. TIR4 was the first that had native 6dof capability.

Okay, done so - but now check your answers on that one, everybody.

It's all gone into "TrackIR 3 with Vector 6 dof)" after the change.

I selected "Other" in the View choice because I use a combination of TIR5 and a programmed "enemy air" snap view joystick button.

And thanks for setting up the poll. :good:

Edited by Over50

Just as an aside, in addition to Saitek Pedals, I am using a Saitek Throttle Quadrant and the accompanying SST programming software for setting up my Throttle Quadrant buttons in addition to my Cyborg Evo Force Feedback Joystick buttons. I have setup the throttle axis, the mixture axis and (lord forbid!) the elevator trim axis on the Throttle Quadrant levers. And I am using the three rocker switches on the Throttle Quadrant for each of following six keyboard commands: Toggle HUD (F5), Toggle Labels (Ctrl+Shft+L), Toggle TAC (Shft+T), Cycle TAC Display (T), and Cycle TAC Display Range (Ctrl+Shft+T) and also Engine Auto-Start (E). I had to follow UncleAl's advice to change the several multi-keypress commands I wanted to use as single-keypress commands to satisfy the SST programming restrictions. So I now can clear the screen of HUD, Labels and TAC displays by toggling three buttons by sense of touch (I don't have to look at the keyboard anymore!)

OlPaint01

Edited by OlPaint01

Thanks, m8.

What surprises me most is, that we have more pedal users than twist sticks.