Sign in to follow this  
Dutchy

Let the games begin

People,

Tonight (for me, for not Europeans an other daytime) is the opening of the Olympics 2004 in Athene.

Hopely it gonna be a nice, great and sportive games.

Off course I hope the mine country will take medals at home.

My favourite sports what I gonna watch is Cycling (men and women) and Baseball.

About baseball I have a question for our American friends: Why doesn't USA don't compete the baseball game?

Salute

Dutchy

About baseball I have a question for our American friends: Why doesn't USA don't compete the baseball game?

Hey Dutchy,

I used to think that it will only be a matter of time before the MLB association bends the rules to let league players compete for their own national teams.

Then again, maybe not because the Olympic Games begins in the middle (second half) of the regular MLB season. I don't know how or if the various teams would want to risk their standings in the league. I imagine some teams would have much larger gaps in their rosters than others.

maybe not because the Olympic Games begins in the middle (second half) of the regular MLB season. I don't know how or if the various teams would want to risk their standings in the league. I imagine some teams would have much larger gaps in their rosters than others.

Bingo!!!..nba gets away with it because its usually off season

I'm really trying to get into it, but after watching one day of events, I'm bored already.lol

When do they start rolling the rock across the floor? Now that's an event I can't wait to see.lol

Can we bring back Gladiators and Lions??? I might stay interested then.

Watched it last night and saw an unexpected new world record set in the pool by some Aussie gals--I can't get bored with that! :D

I saw womencycling yesterday live after the morning. Mine favourite touched the road and didn't finish, no gold medal this time for her. :(

Baseball team did win of Greece :D

And USA loose their basketball game. Dreamteam? I don't think so.

Salute

Dutchy

Actually there Dutchy the so-called Dream team this year by far does not measure up to the dream teams of yesteryear. I don't understand how they twisted the rules to allow Professional Athletes to compete in the Olympics. I had somehow thought the Olympics were about amatuer Athletes competeing. So I think it's humerous that the Basketball team lost, even though I know that other countries are also using NBA Basketball stars to prop up their teams also. :D