Sign in to follow this  
ojcar

I need a Strutter skin

Well, after purchasing a new PC I'm installing First Eagles again and... Oh my God I's a dream of a game. I wasn't impressed in my old PC, because framerates issues making the game unplayable, but now, after downloading a hugue lot of mods, I'm planning to recreate the old Red Baron 3D campaigns (a lot of two or three months campaigns) with the planes we have, but I'm missing a middle war french recon plane (Dorand or something like that). The French had a lot of Strutters, but we have not a single French skin.....All skins we have are british ones with roundels painted.

So I'd like some nice people could do a french skin for this plane.....

Oh, I'm missing a lot of german two seaters as well, but with a few .INI edits I have the Albatros CIII and the LVG I now (until someone makes the real thing). Thank you all.

Well my Strutter work has been gathering dust as I mess with other things, but these are some WIP.

I'll try to get back to this now that there is an interest. Meanwhile here are some screenies dragged down from the attic

post-6006-033495800 1286399410.jpg

post-6006-083233700 1286399345.jpg.

post-6006-079182900 1286399487.jpg

post-6006-074660800 1286399498.jpg

there are also some Belgians somewhere . . .

Wow!!!! What a beauty!!!! This cockpit is incredible too!

I have a little question for the experts: I'm loving the Peter01 FMs, but not all the planes are at November08 level. Some of them are at October08 level. Is there any problem using October FMs in the November patch? (also for the Roland fighter, out of Peter01 FMs)

ojcar:

The difference between the Oct08 and Nov08 (IIRC) was nothing more that fixing some glitches that TK had accidently created in the OCT08 patch (such as missing trees).

Sinbad:

Most definately looking forward to your finished Strutter, hope you find the time to finish it, especially with the new Italian Campaign just around the corner. :good:

Here are a few more recent screenies of Strutter skins.

post-6006-014478700 1286484582.jpg

post-6006-088467100 1286484542.jpg

post-6006-024427400 1286484573.jpg

I'm now doing some Beta testing on the fabulous (and huge) Italian campaign Quack74 has slaved over, but these skins will only take a little bit of effort for release.The real drag on the French Strutter project has been my feeble grip on 3dMax. With a little tweaking the skins can go very soon. They are well aged! IF the model is ever fully morphed, the skins will still probably fit.

Of course there are also a few baseball games I need to see . . .

Good stuff sinbad! The more skins the better. They look great. Hey... build an Aviatik D.I already. Fabulous campaign, I'm blushing.