Sign in to follow this  
Flyby PC

OT Wrong War, but....

Sorry gents, I know it's the wrong war, and many of you probably know this site already.

I didn't, but some of these pics I've never seen before, and of those I have, they seem to be here is best resolution. There are even pics of the Japanese in Manchuria in the 30's.

http://ww2db.com/photo.php

post-45899-061563300 1286520142.jpg

• Like 1

Flypc...I can't thank you enough for this link!

My 12 yr old son, is currently doing a History project on WW2...and unlike his classmates (doing the British, American, German versions) his is about the Japanese...and this offers a wealth of pictures etc!

Looks like I won't be getting on this computer much over the W/E

Wow, what a great source, Flyby! Thank you for sharing!

Thanks for the link! Much excellent stuff there.

12? - Have your lad tread carefully UK-W.

What the Japs got up to in China does not make easy reading. I have a book first published in 1958 called The Knights of Bushido, by Lord Russel of Liverpool, which gives a short history of Japanese war crimes, starting in China during the 30's. The book is concise and graphic, but strives to be an objective history, but there several areas, regarding the Rape of Nanking for one, where the author cannot find the words to adequately describe what happened. Nanking even horrified the Nazis, who described the Japanese soldiers in Nanking as 'bestial machinery'.

History is very important to remember what took place, but the Japanese activities in China and WW2 is very often the real deal X certificate stuff. In the West, we recall the treatment of our prisoners, and are horrified by tales of beheadings, or pilots abused by mobs before being set on fire while still alive. These are incidents Lord Russel of Liverpool could commit to print. I get a knot in my stomach just to think what atrocities he couldn't describe.

Search Youtube for Rape of Nanking 2 - Japanese Torture... hosted by sarastarlight.

I'd post the link, but it is exceedingly graphic. Without doubt, the most harrowing 40 minutes I've spent online.

Yeah, I'll probably give that part a miss...being the sensitive type :blink:

Yes, Matt is going to write up a little bit about the atrocities commited by them

(talk about a forgotten war...we seem to have brushed a lot of what ghastly things the 'Imperials' did in WW2 and before)

At the risk of sounding Rascist...I won't knowingly have anything in my house of Japanese origin..Just my personal taste..it can be taken in whatever vein...I'm not fussed.

Edited by UK_Widowmaker

Have to agree with Flyby PC, the video is disturbing. It truly goes to show that there is no more dangerous animal than man. And to deny that such events happened just is freakin insane.

It's gets pretty nasty when the Samurai spirit runs amok. At the end of WWII, as the dust was settling and we turned our attention to the Russians and Chinese, the Japan was our 'anchor point' in the Far East to contain Communism and promote Capitalism and Democracy. Consequently they were not held to the same standards we applied to the Nazis. In the steel mills of Manchuria, Chinese were worked to death and buried in mass graves. The Japanese also ran medical 'research'.